Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Van Life landcruiser

Similar to one of my plans except need a fridge and aux power. Dont have the high roof so need to measure and plan carefully.
If i go for an alucab roof then cant have s roof rack which may be a deal breaker. Lots of thinking and planning still to do. Some gull wing doors for rear side windows may need to be made too

I suppose it's just not going to be that simple but the 60 rear windows look very similar to the 80 ones. I don't suppose an 80 Gullwing would fit or be close?

@moggy1968 is just down the road from me, maybe I could offer up a Gullwing to see how close/far it is from fitting if I ask him nicely? :icon-biggrin: :think:

I suppose it's just not going to be that simple but the 60 rear windows look very similar to the 80 ones. I don't suppose an 80 Gullwing would fit or be close?

@moggy1968 is just down the road from me, maybe I could offer up a Gullwing to see how close/far it is from fitting if I ask him nicely? :icon-biggrin: :think:
Lol, bring it on! I like the two part tailgate, somewhere to sit

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Same here. I like my gullwings too. :)
I'm thinking of getting some made up to replace my solid sides after seeing some on a landy on a recent trip. really handy for storing bits you want access to easily like recovery gear or kitchen stuff

Similar to one of my plans except need a fridge and aux power. Dont have the high roof so need to measure and plan carefully.
If i go for an alucab roof then cant have s roof rack which may be a deal breaker. Lots of thinking and planning still to do. Some gull wing doors for rear side windows may need to be made too

This guy did to his alucab conversion

As you know, the 2H does lack a few ponies so i am trying to keep everything as light as possible. One day i will gear up for longer more remote routes but in the next 5 years I cant see me needing more than the 400 mile range. So small manual ground tent and try to fit everything in the car with perhaps just a roof rack.
I dont want to go into boggy or sandy areas yet so a winch is overkill. A shovel and hilift jack will be carried though.
To lighten things up further, removing the rear seats and tow bar should save 50kg’s so i can install a fridge freezer and some aux batteries.
Just a 2 week touring trip is all i am planning as i cant get any more time off work at a go than that.
But if everything goes to plan to retire in 2023 then dreams of long overland trips will take over the plans for the truck with range and water storage being massive issues along with have enough space to carry everything and contingencies due to being in remote areas. So a winch may be necessary then and extra spare tyres etc. An alucab would then be ideal too!

As you know, the 2H does lack a few ponies so i am trying to keep everything as light as possible. One day i will gear up for longer more remote routes but in the next 5 years I cant see me needing more than the 400 mile range. So small manual ground tent and try to fit everything in the car with perhaps just a roof rack.
I dont want to go into boggy or sandy areas yet so a winch is overkill. A shovel and hilift jack will be carried though.
To lighten things up further, removing the rear seats and tow bar should save 50kg’s so i can install a fridge freezer and some aux batteries.
Just a 2 week touring trip is all i am planning as i cant get any more time off work at a go than that.
But if everything goes to plan to retire in 2023 then dreams of long overland trips will take over the plans for the truck with range and water storage being massive issues along with have enough space to carry everything and contingencies due to being in remote areas. So a winch may be necessary then and extra spare tyres etc. An alucab would then be ideal too!
If you can't do the trip of a lifetime, have a lifetime of trips!!

Back