Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VDJ76 - Weird turbo boost?

Starkers

Country Flag
australia
G'day fellas, I'm new to the forum.

Just a couple questions for the online mechanics or anyone who may know what I'm talking about regarding 2010 VDJ76 that i just got, has 230,000kms on the clock so just making sure all is sweet and have noticed a couple things my old VDJ79 didnt do. (Or didnt notice)

Have noticed when cruising along at 100kph (2300rpm), if i plant it the oil pressure drops a bit, is this normal to stop over pressurising or something? Or low compression or something causing this?

Also, same cruising at 100kph, if i plant it she immediately boosts up to around 10 - 12.5 psi (according to scangauge) a can hear it suck like crazy through the stock snorkel (sounds like a jet) but then a second later boost drops down to 6-8 psi and slowly goes back up as revs get higher.. Is this normal as I don't remember my 79 doing this.

My theory and what I'm hoping it to be is the manifold is blocked up from EGR as I'm assuming its never been cleaned out in the 230k and when i plant it the initial boost struggles to then get through the blocked up manifold etc then causing boost to drop. - Could this be the case or something else?

Many thanks in advance

Simon

Back