Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VDJ79R

Maryann

Country Flag
australia
I can't start my ute till I disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes once reconnected it starts and drives fine then when you turn it off and try to start it will only wind over and the engine light comes on. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on. Thanks

I think you may need to have diagnostics done for what fault codes you have, I think you may have a sensor fault and the ecu will not allow the vehicle to start, depriving the ecu of battery power may be resetting it but when the engine runs it comes back and will not allow the engine to restart after switching off?

Last edited:
Hmm... also if you havent got a scanguage or the like then have a look at OBD II readers to get a fault code etc
plenty available at supersheep or fleabay etc

In the UK we got the V8 D4D in the 200 series, which is no longer available due to poor sales figures if I remember correctly, the 70 series is not sold in the UK so we don't have that version so no offence taken :)

That said diesels are simple engines, if you have air, compression and fuel they will run, modern electric diesels have the added complication of an ecu controlling the delivery of fuel and as op says the engine runs if she disconnects and reconnects the battery I would say the vehicle has a electrical fault and that she needs to have a look at what the ECU is saying.

Last edited:
I think you may need to have diagnostics done for what fault codes you have, I think you may have a sensor fault and the ecu will not allow the vehicle to start, depriving the ecu of battery power may be resetting it but when the engine runs it comes back and will not allow the engine to restart after switching off?
Thank you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back