Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vehicle Transport

Derek J

Hi all, sorry my first post is wanting information.

I am trying to find a transport company that would be able to move a landcruiser from Grimsby to Stranraer. I am asking on here because I would prefer to go on personal recommendation.

Itching to get hold of my new toy and start contributing to the forum.

Thanks Derek

welcome and I am sure you will find someone...

I would do it but that is an 800 mile round trip...
That would cost a far bit in Diesel....

Why not just jump on the train and pick it up?

Diesel in might prove cheaper though :lol:

You will possibly find a shipping company in Grimsby being a large port who would transport it to you however I think the Train is the best. The cost for transporting it will probably be considerably more than the Diesel plus a train fare as it's a long trip and not what you would call a regularly scheduled route. Unfortunately although there is an airport at Humberside I don't think you will get a flight from Glasgow to Humberside although you can get there from Aberdeen (guess it's an oil industry route) but then Aberdeen is probably almost as far from Stranraer as Grimsby is.

Have a look at the general car transport companies in Hull and Grimsby.

I found the following website but have no idea if they are any good.

http://www.vehicle-recovery-hull.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks for the replies. I should have made it clearer, I am in Belfast and was going to come over on the boat.

I am flat out with my business and can't spare the time to go and get it. So needs must as they say.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Derek J said:
Thanks for the replies. I should have made it clearer, I am in Belfast and was going to come over on the boat.

I am flat out with my business and can't spare the time to go and get it. So needs must as they say.

You have a PM

Thank you to everybody for the suggestions and offers. I have hopefully found a firm to do it for me.

All I need is a couple of winches, 35 inch tyres, on board air and water. Just the essentials really.

Its a hj62 already fitted with a custom built roof tent, accessible from inside. I have not actually seen it yet as it arrives here tomorrow. I genuinely feel like a child waiting for Xmas.

It has lots done to it like uprated springs shocks,long range tank etc. It was advertised on here but nobody else was interested apparently.

I am working on the theory that if I prepare it for extreme terrain it should then easily cope with gentle stuff.

I am going to use it for trips away, with hopefully some European travel.

Derek

Back