Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ventilation hose replacement - what else to include

Chris E

Country Flag
sweden
I recently had a sharp whistle on acceleration. My mechanics tells me comes from the ventilation hose being broken/spit and air is squeezed out causing the sound. The part is €25 but I have been told the replacement can be 5 hours due to the oil pan needing to be removed to get to the hose. The question I have is what else would make sense to replace while the area is accessible (e.g. other hoses in the area, cleaning nearby parts etc. ). I will summarise / list any suggestions into a final reply to serve for future similar jobs.

I would ask your mechanic to show you the hose in question....
There is no hose inside the sump that could possibly either need replacing or require the sump to be removed .
The only hose on a standard 1HD or 1HD FT that could be causing the whistle is between the turbo and the inlet crossover pipe... this is a 30 minute job at the most to do and would require 1 small additional gasket .....
How much do you trust this mechanic ?

Lets have a picture of this "ventilation hose". Agree with Grimbo so far.

Thanks very useful. The mechanic has been good over the years but have made some mistakes in the past so I guess perhaps he is mistaken about what needs to be done. I will go back and discuss and ask that he points out the precise hose so I can take a photo.

Back