Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vibrations and deep resonance 2001 d4d Automatic

Audioten

Country Flag
norway
Hey guy's
First post from me on here, looked a lot, but never done anything.

I have gotten some strange sounds in my 2001 d4d automatic.
When idling in Park, Neutral or drive I have a lot of vibrations inside the car.
Like the engine is running hard and it makes a deep resonance inside the car.
But if I go outside, i cannot hear it (Maybe a little bit, but i think its just me :p)

When i put the car in drive and start driving, the noise and vibrations are gone.
But with the car still moving at slow speeds and letting accelerator off, the noise and vibrations are back.

I does not seem the have power loss and engine I think sounds good.

Also have had some noises when driving uphill with just a little acceleration.
It gives some wrooooom wrooooom wrooooom sound, push the accelerator just i tiny bit more and it becomes wroom wroom wroom, and even more on the accelerator and its gone.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
Little afraid of driving it at this point.

Best regards
Cato from Norway :)

Vibrations at idle could indicate a problem with the engine or transmission mounts possibly?

I have the wroooom wrooom as well haven’t found what it is yet though

Make sure your airbox lid is tightly secured down. Those clips can become a pain as the years go by. Also check that the air intake pieces are sealed well at all the connections. Other than check check everything in the engine is secured down as it should be. Sometimes the smallest of items can cause resonance on these diesel trucks

Hey guy's
First post from me on here, looked a lot, but never done anything.

I have gotten some strange sounds in my 2001 d4d automatic.
When idling in Park, Neutral or drive I have a lot of vibrations inside the car.
Like the engine is running hard and it makes a deep resonance inside the car.
But if I go outside, i cannot hear it (Maybe a little bit, but i think its just me :p)

When i put the car in drive and start driving, the noise and vibrations are gone.
But with the car still moving at slow speeds and letting accelerator off, the noise and vibrations are back.

I does not seem the have power loss and engine I think sounds good.

Also have had some noises when driving uphill with just a little acceleration.
It gives some wrooooom wrooooom wrooooom sound, push the accelerator just i tiny bit more and it becomes wroom wroom wroom, and even more on the accelerator and its gone.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
Little afraid of driving it at this point.

Best regards
Cato from Norway :)

Hi Cato
my Landcruiser 90 has developed the sae noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its doing my head in AAAAAAGGGHHHH!
I would say the vibration only happens at 1500rpm or when the car goes from 1st to second gear or when i rev the engine and ease off the gas pedal. The vibration travels from the front of the engine to the back. Did you resolve this or find out what it was ???????????

regards
Alex

Hi Alex,
Turned out my problem was an easy fix.
The senter muffler had broken strait off.
So that where sending resonsans in the cabin and it sounded like it came from the engine.

Hope yours is as easy ;)

Regards
Cato

Back