Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VSC, Low 4WD, Engine light displaying

Liz K

Country Flag
australia
Above lights came on in our 200 series 2007 GXL Landcruiser, didn't feel any real loss of power. Took it straight into local Toyota dealer who advised wasn't sure what the problem was, however had quickly hooked it up to remove the warning lights. During the check, the mechanic said injector 7 was showing up. Lights have since come back on (6 days later). Read on other forums, a lot of people believing the issue to be an electrical issue, more specifically related to batteries. One battery was changed three weeks ago (the battery was less than 12 months old and was faulty). The car goes back to Toyota tomorrow for them to try and find the problem, however was just after some possible causes (as at the last visit, they were suggesting it would probably be an expensive fix). The car has just hit 230,000 km and was recently serviced. Thank you for any help!

Above lights came on in our 200 series 2007 GXL Landcruiser, didn't feel any real loss of power. Took it straight into local Toyota dealer who advised wasn't sure what the problem was, however had quickly hooked it up to remove the warning lights. During the check, the mechanic said injector 7 was showing up. Lights have since come back on (6 days later). Read on other forums, a lot of people believing the issue to be an electrical issue, more specifically related to batteries. One battery was changed three weeks ago (the battery was less than 12 months old and was faulty). The car goes back to Toyota tomorrow for them to try and find the problem, however was just after some possible causes (as at the last visit, they were suggesting it would probably be an expensive fix). The car has just hit 230,000 km and was recently serviced. Thank you for any help!
Had exact same warning lights come on, 200 series 2008 GXL. First diagnosis I was told that I need to change my battery because it was a little low, after changing the battery all warning lights had disappeared, one week later the same warning lights appeared again. This time Toyota diagnosed No. 7 fuel injector was giving a high reading, they changed the injector. All lights warning lights had once more disappeared. That was three weeks ago and so far so good.

Back