Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VX80 Ltd Edition Auto just clicked over 300K - T.BELT light appeared on reaching milestone.

jonny scott

Country Flag
new_zealand
Fellow Landcruiser legends - How do I reset the Timing Belt to make the light go away guys ? I assume its a switch somewhere or should I take to Toyota to reset for ?. Could be an actual timing problem but the truck is running like a dream at the moment and the light came on with the 300K milestone being reached!!.
Cheers Cruiser enthusiasts.

Johnny my diesel 80 there on the dashboard techometer you should see a plastic cap near the trip meter count rod. Peel this away gently then with a thin metal rod push through the plastic screen hole the small reset button.

Always important to have a record of the timing belt alternatively.

Hope that helps

61EC1B92-1C78-4580-B44D-C18060D7EE83.png

As Dervis says, note that the smallbreset button looks like the peg the speedo needle rests against at zero. :)

You have, of course, changed your timing belt. :)

Press gently, or it may not reset and light becomes a permanent feature......unless you take out the bulb.

Regards

Dave

Mines still on after it tripped at 400k km, and yes, I did change the belt, bearing and and tensioner :lol:

But, for the life of me, I can’t get the light to go out, :cry:, even after 6k km of trying every now and again.

Johnny my diesel 80 there on the dashboard techometer you should see a plastic cap near the trip meter count rod. Peel this away gently then with a thin metal rod push through the plastic screen hole the small reset button.

Hope that helps

View attachment 136199

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hope that helps

View attachment 136199
Legend mate appreciate the detail also ! How good are the VX80's !!!!

Legend mate appreciate the detail also ! How good are the VX80's !!!!

Very reliable vehicles robust in every nature and easy to work on. Regular servicing and if you upkeep on repairs can go on for more years than you may need. lol

Whats your model and year Jonny because theirs a few engines for the 80?

Back