Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wales Greenlaning trip - 19/20 May 2010

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
A great 2 days in Cambrian mountains
travelled along Soar-y-Myndd, Strata Florida, Visitor centre trail, Nant-y-mooch (south and north legs) and Happy Valley

Great fun - and nice campsite by old quarry nant-y-mooch,
Happy Valley was challenging! not what i expected from the lane
enjoyed the bomb hole on Strata florida too (massaged the exhaust), and rocksliders worked well on happy valley

what brilliant trails and nice weather too

image0011.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image0041.jpg

image0051.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image0091.jpg

image0101.jpg

image011.jpg

image0121.jpg

Im quite sure we went down them last time we went wales. Unsure where they are though.

Really going to have to get down there again soon

karl

They are happy valley - well I think that's what its called!

I have done Happy Valley last year but cat remember it looking like that, I wonder if its due to washing out

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's the one everyone here calls Happy Valley :thumbup:

Cracking pics. Looks like you had a good time :thumbup: :dance:

Hmm, I thought the bomb hole had divert signs around it now. Has someone 'removed' them then? They were very clear when we were there last.
In fact there were signs all over the place.

Chris

Chris said:
Hmm, I thought the bomb hole had divert signs around it now. Has someone 'removed' them then? They were very clear when we were there last.
In fact there were signs all over the place
There was certainly an alternative route around the bomb hole indicated with arrows on a post when I did it a couple of months ago, but there was no indication that the bomb hole itself was closed to traffic :think: On either of its two routes up :)

I like the look of that happy valley track :thumbup:

Even the waterfall (you lot are terrible for changing the names of things!) is suffering, the banks to the side used to be grassy now there's more rock face than there should be :evil:

DCP_0743.JPG

The signs didn't say 'alternative route if you don't fancy it' they clearly indicated that the route was around the hole. When we were there that is.

Chris

ive always thought looking at the bomb hole, that the original right of way would have gone through the bomb hole, and that the track going around it was created by people too scared to drive up/down it? :?

yes there were black arrows all the way along which i followed, and these avoided all the offpiste mudruts etc
i must have missed the one at the bombhole or it was moved

Suprised (and a shame) I didn't see you Andy! And I can confirm there are no arrows at the Waterfall (agree with you there Jon ;) ) at the moment. Last I heard Powys council recognised the Waterfall as the true right of way but were happy for people to drive around it due to the potential to damage vehicles on it.

Jim.

Back