Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wales Laning

Ronanjordan

I have had a look at the few threads on laning in Wales and I think I might try escape across the pond for a few days, and bring my mountain bike too for a bit of 2 wheel action...

I would be looking for more straight forward lanes to start, not damaging or requiring winching( as I dont have one!)
I have a standard lwb 95, no suspension mods, and will have A/Ts if going.

Any ideas anyone, would be nice to meet a few off here too..

some of the lanes ive driven recently have cycle tracks running along them or near to them. there well signposted and graded in terms of difficulty,and the terrain you will encounter.

the green lane heading north to TalyBont, is mainly downhill and is classed as an extreme downhill cycle route according to the sign. :twisted:

its the lane that i took these pics on

P1000884.jpg

P1000883.jpg

P1000881.jpg

you could drive it in your truck without any problems IMO, the same goes for strata florida (apart from after very heavy rain) and happy valley. there all stoney lanes and they havnt got much mud on them.

or if you were further north, the likes of the wayfarer, if its ever been reopened? splashy lane, etc. could all be driven in a standard-ish 95 without causing any damage.

if you cant find anyone to go with, you could buy a back copy of total off road magazine, with the road book for the area of wales your thinking of visiting, and follow that.

or you could go with one of the many companies offering green laning tours of wales. its usually about £35 per vehicle per day. :thumbup:

Back