Picture405.jpg

Picture407.jpg

Picture412.jpg

Picture418.jpg

Picture420.jpg

Picture423.jpg

Picture424.jpg

Picture429.jpg

I sustain the exact same damage to the exhaust on Fiery every time I drive that lane with the waterfall at the end. Sometimes we drive down it two or three times over a weekend and I flatten the exhaust every time no matter what route I take!!! Did the Nissan and Jeep follow you guys Dow that one?

I sustain the exact same damage to the exhaust on Fiery every time I drive that lane with the waterfall at the end. Sometimes we drive down it two or three times over a weekend and I flatten the exhaust every time no matter what route I take!!! Did the Nissan and Jeep follow you guys Dow that one?

no on the Sunday there was just the 2 Cruisers and then 3 Rusty Rovers

Great lane and really good photos. The tow-ball took quite a knock, was it bent or just the cover displaced? It shouldn't have bent anyway... :think:

Thanks for sharing... :icon-biggrin:

no tow bat damage both Cruiser's had exactly the same tailpipe damage and thats it

no tow bat damage both Cruiser's had exactly the same tailpipe damage and thats it

The 80s tailpipe is cut to a chamfer to avoid that. My replacement pipe is square cut and I'm waiting to catch it on something! It's high though, over knee height! :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As i plan to get a new pipe anyway i'm gonna cut the rear baffle off my exhaust so it should end just behind the back wheel . I am only doing it in the hope the truck will sound a bit better (louder) . Where in Wales did this take place , is there a website where i can find out more ?

The 80s tailpipe is cut to a chamfer to avoid that. My replacement pipe is square cut and I'm waiting to catch it on something! It's high though, over knee height! :icon-biggrin:

I flattened mine once so when I got a new exhaust from ProSpeed I asked Charlie to do a side exit.

Where in Wales did this take place , is there a website where i can find out more ?
The lane with the exhaust crushing waterfall is in the forest just north of Machynlleth and your already on the website :icon-smile: :icon-wink:

Cheers Steven i'm quickly learning that most of these lanes and stuff are pretty much word of mouth events , all web searches looking for the next fun weekend either result in asking you to book a 5 star hotel or personal convo's on forums between mates . I need to get myself a proper map i guess .

Great pics thanks for sharing. :clap:

I do love that lane even if it did nearly kill me an LJ last time I drove it! :shifty:

Regarding exhausts this is the exact reason I brought mine out through the center of the rear bumper. Their is no way it can ever be hit when driving challenging terrain. :icon-twisted:

Last edited:
Great pics. Never driven down that lane only ever up it :) got some good pics of old troop with front wheels off the ground lol.
Didn't it get a tro at one point? Been a couple of years since been to Wales.

Great pics. Never driven down that lane only ever up it :) got some good pics of old troop with front wheels off the ground lol.
Didn't it get a tro at one point? Been a couple of years since been to Wales.

Yes it got TRO'd (Temporary Road Order) a few years ago and was closed for a while. They put some hardcore down and tried filling in the bit with the big rock step but it soon got washed out again.

I think that lane and the one with the derelict motel at the bottom are my favorites in Wales. :think:

Great report - and photos - ta

recognize a few of those lanes :)

Yes it got TRO'd (Temporary Road Order) a few years ago and was closed for a while. They put some hardcore down and tried filling in the bit with the big rock step but it soon got washed out again.

I think that lane and the one with the derelict motel at the bottom are my favorites in Wales. :think:

Yeah great lanes. Can't wait to get the 80 over to Wales. Some great lanes, spent many a long weekend and even took the missus camping for the first time in November one year!! She married me so must've enjoyed it :)

Nothing compared to some of the tracks you're getting to drive in oz though!!

Back