Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted, 80 series alloys

br1anuk

Has anyone got a set of four 80 series later type alloys knocking about they want to sell cheap. They don't have to be perfect as I'll be getting them refurbished. Not interested in tyres as Ive got a set of KO2's to go on them.
Thanks
Brian.

Just looking for an old oxidised set as I want to get them diamond cut. If yov'e got a set for sale why don't you tell me how much you want for them instead of sniping at some one else's post. Maybe my idea of cheap is different too yours.

I'm not sniping brian. I do have to take a trip down to Eastbourne soon to pick up some 40 series wings. If you live down that way I could bring them along with me. It gets expensive to send wheels as they need to be boxed, tyres need taking off and each box is sent separately. So they add up rapidly as that happened when I sent a set of 70 alloys once upon a time.

Brian, I'd consider first about the Diamond cut finish, the finish has a tendency to get water creeping underneath and leaving white traces which quickly spoil the look of the wheel. When I bought my first 80 ( 2 years old) it had just had all the wheels replaced under warranty so were only a couple of weeks old, One winter later they were starting to spoil and before 2 years old I'd had them refurbished at Metal Magic in Barnsley.
Just saying, my experience with Diamond cut finish. I think StarCruiser on here had the same experience.
LandCruiser wheels don't come cheap these days, the bargains can be found on Ebay when they come up.

Only set on ebay.

Normal fare for 80 wheels, especially the spigot nut type is about £40-50 each.

And sadly the alloy issues continued into the 120 series. I also had mine replaced under warranty before the 3 years were up, but ultimately ended up getting them powder coated....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know exactly what you're saying about "worm creep", Ive got factory diamond cut wheels on our other car and they're just starting to go now the cars seven years old. I'd like to get them blasted then powder coated metallic grey then have the diamond cut finish and clear coat on top.

I had my Colorado wheels powder coated and asked if they had a silver with extra metallic in it to give it a more factory look and I'm really pleased with them. They were done by Birkenhead Powder coaters for £50 per wheel including tyre disposal, new valves, new tyre fitting and balancing and they did a great job.

I wanted to go all out with set for extra bling, when I get hold of them they'll be going on my Colorado.

Thanks for the constructive replies.

Back