Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted, a 1994 12v 80 Series ally wheel

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
wheel.jpg

Having cracked one of my wheels, (I think it's beyond repair) the inside rim edge has folded over slightly and there is sign of two slight cracks, so I am in need of a spare, anybody got one lurking in their garage? I did approach Karl but the best one he's got at the moment has got some corrosion on it.

I would want one that has NOT been powder coated, it wouldn't match the other rims.

wheel crack.jpg

I've got one but it's very very corroded!

Have a word with Spit'n'polish Chas. I'm not sure how true it is but I'm told they can recover damage like that. Think it was Richard I spoke to (jolly decent chap with a name like that of course).
A familiar picture on Tonbridge search
http://www.tonbridgesearch.com/spit-and-polish.php
I'm amazed at that rim being damaged like that. I'd expect it of a low profile one but I guess it was a rock or something?

No probs Chas. If you've not found one before our little road trip though you're welcome to use it if necessary. I've just been looking for a photo of it but no luck. Currently shod with a smaller bfg at than the rest of the tyres so I just left one of your old wheels with a bfg mt on it underneath as the spare. I'll dig it out tomorrow for a piccy incase you have no luck.

Have a word with Spit'n'polish Chas. I'm not sure how true it is but I'm told they can recover damage like that. Think it was Richard I spoke to (jolly decent chap with a name like that of course).
A familiar picture on Tonbridge search
http://www.tonbridgesearch.com/spit-and-polish.php
I'm amazed at that rim being damaged like that. I'd expect it of a low profile one but I guess it was a rock or something?
I just sent them an email with a pic of the damaged rim but it got returned saying ( I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Rim repair", could not be delivered to [email protected].) I called but phone went straight to answerphone, I'll try tomorrow.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is what I was saying Chas.

The one I had has very little bad on it. Chas is needing one with nothing on it though.

I fully understand the fact that having one re furbed would stick out like a sore thumb.
Yes true, Chas did say, I had forgotten that bit. I must pay attention. :)

I tried to get two to match a pair of unused ones I bought off eBay and ended up refurbing them as well as a pair from you Karl. Hens teeth springs to mind and I don't suppose Spit and Polish would get that ding out without needing to repaint the wheel so my suggestion may be a dead end unless Chas gets all 4 refurbished at £70 or so each.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I know it's going to be a long haul to find one as good as the other four on the 80 but I'll keep looking.

Thanks guys, I know it's going to be a long haul to find one as good as the other four on the 80 but I'll keep looking.
Well the long haul has just come to an end, Sam has come to the rescue with a perfect rim for me at a very reasonable price.

That's not the end of the tale.
Today I went to my local tyre fitters to get the tyre swapped over, which they did straight away but when it came to inflating it BUGGER, there's a bloody great split in the tyre that wasn't noticed before, a new Cooper STT is on order.

That's not the end of the tale.
Today I went to my local tyre fitters to get the tyre swapped over, which they did straight away but when it came to inflating it BUGGER, there's a bloody great split in the tyre that wasn't noticed before, a new Cooper STT is on order.

Bugger indeed :doh:

Ooops! That's seriously bad luck Chas. Was it a huge pothole?

That reminds me, I hit a really deep pothole in the Space Star and wrecked one of the Nokian winter tyres. Still, I have one left over with similar miles on it from the last time I wrecked one! :angry-screaming:

Never mind that I went out in the Smart a week ago last Sunday and hit a mega pothole on the western most Lewes A27 roundabout so hard the passenger seat airbag deployed! It cut the engine and put the interior lights on. For a split second I though the engine had blown or something until I realised there was a deflating pillow in my passenger seat!

:sad-fever:

Ooops! That's seriously bad luck Chas. Was it a huge pothole?

That reminds me, I hit a really deep pothole in the Space Star and wrecked one of the Nokian winter tyres. Still, I have one left over with similar miles on it from the last time I wrecked one! :angry-screaming:

Never mind that I went out in the Smart a week ago last Sunday and hit a mega pothole on the western most Lewes A27 roundabout so hard the passenger seat airbag deployed! It cut the engine and put the interior lights on. For a split second I though the engine had blown or something until I realised there was a deflating pillow in my passenger seat!

:sad-fever:
Oops, not a pothole for me, it was one of those small bollards situated on corners , I'm not sure why they put them there it didn't stop me going over the corner.

Back