Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted : Landcruiser VX 80 4.2 TD Auto (poss Manual)

number76

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all.

Just recently joined up, enjoying my stay so far!, have been reading through many posts and learnt a lot in a short space of time, as I am looking to buy a VX 80 4.2TD Auto if possible, manual might do the job.

I would like a Auto, as my last was an auto (4.5 on LPG) and as I do a fair amount of towing I think an auto would be best for me....but I'm not 100% sure on that as yet, so manual is a option too.

So, I am looking for .... well, that's a good question!, I am open to what's on offer I guess?, I would like to buy a forum members 80, or one known by a member, and by that I mean the history (not paper history, all though that's a nice thing to have, don't get me wrong.) so the history of the truck is known, servicing, where its been and what its done, the usual area's of fault sorted, just be nice to find something that someone has taken an interest in, not having to be in amazing condition, just someone who knows what they have, rather than a no one trying to pass on an unknown one for a profit....asking a lot maybe?....I'd rather be honest.

I don't mind one that needs work (don't they all at this age!), one that needs paint work etc, I am open to what's out there really, a lifted one with big boots looks the part but I don't really need one like that, a standard example would be fine for me, for a start!.

Miles on the clock is not the buying point for me, that's why I would rather have a known one, I aim to be doing a fair amount of towing, so one with a good drive train and engine would be great to start with, body paint & trim all can be updated as and when.

Ok, so looking for a 80 series 4.2TD Auto (Manual maybe), miles not that important, history and maintenance is, body, paint and extras not, colour not really that important (how can I be picky...would like a White/Grey/Blue one but hey), price wise it all depends on what's offered in what condition and where!....not that I am trying to be vague, but they do come up in different states and prices to match!.

So I think that's it, if your thinking of parting with your pride & joy than please do get in touch with some info and a price too please, I do not have anything to sell first, I have the funds here and waiting for a good deal...and I do like a deal!, I'm just a guy looking to buy a good, used and known 'cruiser.

Ok....hopefully someone will read this and have or know of one available.... feel free to P.M. with a contact number and I will give you a call asap.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Danny.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-TOYO...EN-/191017988551?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1120

Beneath the bling and shocking photos, this might not be a bad one. If you look very carefully you can see the rear light of a 100 series, I believe. He says he's bought a newer one. Guessing that's it. Doesn't say much about it. Pics are awful. But I can't see anything obvious. Srpings need doing. And he says it needs a new sunroof seal. It probably doesn't. I just needs the drains cleaning out. Or a but of RTV on the little plastic cover plate. Grab a fist full of cash chuck it on the bonnet and see.

Good lord is that the same car, it's so hard to tell!

Was it no good then?

Yep, sure is.

I emailed, as no contact number in ad, say 3-4 times?....nothing back. What more can you do.

...Keep on looking!, there's one I have my eye on, its cheap and cheerful, just might do for the mean time, but nothings ever bought until its paid for on the drive.

Well don't give up on it. He's clearly as bothered about selling it as he is advertising it. But sometimes these things just drop into your lap.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Personally I am always wary when people cover the number plate in a private sale.

Just cannot see why you would do it, unless you have something to hide. Though its definitely not stolen, with all that bling maybe he is afraid it will be reported to the council as an eyesore!!!!

I think that people do it because the think they're supposed to. I was once told, never give out your phone number when you answer the phone (like people used to do) overlooking the obvious point that if it just rang, they dialled that number in the first place. I guess it also helps to cut down on the ability of some people to use databases to find the car, then track the address and then get the phone number and ring you constantly - wanting to buy it. Ha ha

Back