<200k miles
Good condition

Ideally:
<150k miles
Blue, black or silver
VX LC4 or LC5 spec
Non-import and standard
Located in Staffordshire or Devon

budget of £3-5k depending on condition, mileage etc.

Please comment or private message me, thanks.

UK 90 series ceased in 2002 , LC4 or LC5 are 120 series 2003 and onward ?

Ok thanks Shayne, in that case I'm after a d4d 90 with VX spec rather than GX spec if possible.

unless there are any decent 120's for under £5k but think that's unlikely?

Hi RL ( whatever your name is)
I've not long ago bought what you are looking for, an all black 51 plate VX D4D Collie, I'd been looking a while but on a strict budget of £3.5K. I wasn't bothered about a few jobs to do but fundamentally had to be sound. I found a lot of sellers of D4D's asking a lot more for their Collies than a 15 year old truck was worth.
If any 150-200k Collie has been on E bay auction its struggled to get to £3k on a good day, that tells you what they are really worth.
I guess the only exception in my mind would be a 1 owner mechanic maintained immaculate example for which I would pay more.
Deffo go for the VX, just make sure the drivers seat is good and the air con works, check the back axle condition as its a weak spot on the Collies.

I like mine, its the first 4 cyl one I have had but its comfortable and quick, knocking about gives 22 mpg on a long run out a couple of weekends ago I got just 30 mpg in a 400 mile round trip.

Hope some of this rambling helps.

Andy

[QUOTE="

unless there are any decent 120's for under £5k but think that's unlikely?[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely, again, very expensive for their age. They can be tatty underneath but look good on top.
I looked at a low mileage 120 before I bought the Collie, about the same underneath as the Collie, nearly 4x the price.

Sorry RL = Richard L, and you're right, you have bought what I'm after!

All good points to think think about so thanks for that. I'm keeping an eye out on Autotrader, piston heads and of course eBay but haven't really found anything that ticks all the boxes just yet.... I'm not desperate so will have to wait and see what comes up.

Richard

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think you will have a few looking for you Rich, I'm always looking at everything so will keep an eye out for you too.

Andy

I wouldn't automatically skip any ad with a GX badge because the VX is just a GX with all the optional extra's so the spec of GX trucks varies considerably .

Looks tidy but above my price range tbh. In Edinburgh as well which isn't ideal for me but thanks for showing it to me

Hi I have a Friend with a D4D green Colorado with 127,000 mil on it and he is looking for 5.500 for it it is in Wr let my now if you wood like he's number Hope it help from Tony.

Good point Gok i will be selling my d4d swb as soon as i have fixed it because the mrs has finally let me know she shares my indifference to it . It defies logic but the 1kz is (for us) more enjoyable to drive .

Yeh i do want a d4d really because it's more bhp, the reviews I've seen recommend them over the older engine and also the truck will be newer

Yeh i do want a d4d really because it's more bhp, the reviews I've seen recommend them over the older engine and also the truck will be newer

The fact it's fractionally newer when they are all old won't make too much difference, just go on overall condition. One thing to consider is the fact that the D4D engine is more vocal than the older one but does have more punch.
I'm only getting 22mpg knocking about but goes up to 30+ on a run.

Yeh mpg is better on d4d as I was only getting about 16/18mpg up round near me but it is all hills as Andy found out when he visited lol

That one looks really smart Shayne, quite far away from me but worth it at that price, it's sold now though unfortunately.

The good news is that I went to test drive a auto d4d the other day and I definitely want one....

then I won it on eBay but the bad news is the guy didn't the V5 and so I did a vehicle check and the looks like he wasn't even the registered keeper!

The search goes on!

Back