Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanting info

Pagan

Country Flag
new_zealand
hi we have a Landcruiser 200 purchased new in 2016 - we have had no end of niggly problems with the computer playing up (including it slowing the vehicle when overtaking on a dual carriageway while in cruise control - we were advised by the dealership it may have been affected by a passing police radar system) but then in January this year we had the warning Pre crash malfunction take to nearest dealer and the car went into limp mode and then died on us. It restarted and as we headed to our nearest dealer 20kms away it did it twice more the third time as we crossed a very busy 100km intersection where it was only the skill of other drivers prevented a nasty accident. The dealers have been unable to recreate the fault and the car has been with them since the 9th January but they seem at a loss all they can say is the computer is “doing funny things”. Has anybody else had this problem? Has anyone any ideas what could be the cause.
Hoping to get some insight

Sorry to hear of your woes. It's very annoying I'm sure and also hopefully rare. Here in the UK the 200 isn't a common beast due to their prohibitive cost new and few have yet fallen into the hands of real users like us to play with. Hopefully someone Stateside or down under will have some wisdom.

Hi & Welcome,

Sounds like a sad state of affairs, given that a Toyota dealer should have all the electronic gizmos to read ECU's and read fault codes, current and historic, I would say that they don't know what they are doing, and are full of BS, 'passing police radar' my arse.

If it were me, I would have been onto Toyota UK by now, I presume you can call Toyota NZ, "doing funny things" is not the sort of answer you should expect or accept from a professional Toyota dealer, especially as you had a near death experience in one of their flagship products.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s actually under Toyota NZ’s care now (and has been since the 12th of January) it’s now their technical department that is having difficulty finding the problem and their CEO was uninterested when we contacted him two days ago as we are getting nowhere with the technical department! All they can do is tell us to be patient

It’s actually under Toyota NZ’s care now (and has been since the 12th of January) it’s now their technical department that is having difficulty finding the problem and their CEO was uninterested when we contacted him two days ago as we are getting nowhere with the technical department! All they can do is tell us to be patient
Send them an invoice for loss of earnings and for a hire car, just BS it up a bit, what have you got to lose.

Also it might be worth getting your insurance company involved.

Best of luck, keep yer chins up, all of them. :):)

Back