Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Warn Zeon 10s Clutch fail

SteveS

The clutch on my Zeon 10s is not engaging - constantly on freespool. The clutch on these is remote/electric. I can hear various solenoids clunking as I switch direction, engage/disengage clutch etc using the WiFi controller. The motor is spinning. Does anyone have the logic diagram or circuit for this unit. I’m particularly interested in the voltage/circuit around the 4 pin flying lead that connects to the clutch pack from the solenoid pack. Thanks in advance. I can’t find any useful information on the web despite extensive searches

I can’t help with what you’ve asked for Steve but would suspect it needs a clean and the clunking is simply the mech trying to work but jamming up. It’s probably very simple and you can test whether the solenoid coil is ok and getting power with a multimeter to confirm whether or not it is mechanical as I suspect. It’s probably quite straightforward to identify the pins that operate the clutch. There may be two solenoids, one for engage and one disengage, so test across the pins on ohms and you should be able to work it out.

I can’t help with what you’ve asked for Steve but would suspect it needs a clean and the clunking is simply the mech trying to work but jamming up. It’s probably very simple and you can test whether the solenoid coil is ok and getting power with a multimeter to confirm whether or not it is mechanical as I suspect. It’s probably quite straightforward to identify the pins that operate the clutch. There may be two solenoids, one for engage and one disengage, so test across the pins on ohms and you should be able to work it out.
Thanks - I’m going to strip the thing out of the truck and move it to my next project so was going to overhaul it in any case. As you say it should be pretty simple to fault find (being electrical engineer by trade helps ) but as you know fault finding is always simpler with the correct documentation. Yes - there are two active pins on that 4 pin connector (volts wise) being driven from the solenoid/control pack, so I suspect that the problem lies with the actuator in the clutch assy or the wiring to it inside the end casing. Bit more digging today - frosty atm so having a bacon sandwich first . Despite it being a supposedly sealed winch, I have my doubts, and having done a lot of water crossings I’m sure there will be gunge in there. Thanks for your help.

Thanks - I’m going to strip the thing out of the truck and move it to my next project so was going to overhaul it in any case. As you say it should be pretty simple to fault find (being electrical engineer by trade helps ) but as you know fault finding is always simpler with the correct documentation. Yes - there are two active pins on that 4 pin connector (volts wise) being driven from the solenoid/control pack, so I suspect that the problem lies with the actuator in the clutch assy or the wiring to it inside the end casing. Bit more digging today - frosty atm so having a bacon sandwich first . Despite it being a supposedly sealed winch, I have my doubts, and having done a lot of water crossings I’m sure there will be gunge in there. Thanks for your help.
I agree, a drawing makes things so much easier. However the sense of achievement of finding a fault without one is far greater in my experience but when it’s your own stuff you just want it sorted with the minimum of fuss.

Or a power probe and work backwards.

Back