Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

[WARNING A/V UNSCANNABLE] (Weights0

G

John
(1) The info is in the "technical data" section in the user's handbook. I've simplified it quite a bit as there is whole load of blather about axle loads and extra allowances if you keep below certain speeds, and so on.
The important thing is that if Mr Plod stops you and puts you on a weighbridge you will be judged on the "plated weight" given on the plate on the bulkhead (inside the engine compartment next to the windscreen wiper motor) which gives the maximum figures. In practice he'll never do that unless you are towing, and I'd be astonished if you breached that 6.5 ton maximum.
(2) I was being a little sloppy with my terminology:
1 ton is an imperial ton of 2240 pounds
1 tonne (note spelling) is a metric ton(ne) of 1000 kg, which is just over 2200 pounds
For the purposes of this discussion 1% difference between the two is irrelevant, but we'll go metric from now on.
(3) You are exactly right: 0.75 tonne =3D 750 kg. Mr average probably weighs around 85kg, Mrs Average about 70kg, and the young averages will vary with age. So if you fill all 8 seats with 5 adults and three teenagers you can easily be carrying 500kg of people. Add their luggage (not that there would be much room for it!) and you can see how Toyota arrived at the 750kg payload figure.
Christopher Bell
|
| Hi Christopher
|
| Where did you come across the the info regarding the loads for the 80
| cruiser, I have been looking for it for a while. If I am
| correct .75 of a
| ton is only 750 kgs is it not and if thats all you can carry
| in the cruiser
| that means I will have to travel on my own all the time with
| no other thing
| in it even a feather could tip the balance.
|
| John C
| 92HDJ 80 1HDT Ireland
|
| --
| European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
| Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/lists/
|

Back