Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

water water every where

G

Hi Guys
Hope you had a good nights sleep Julian because you will only have a few days left before the bundle of joy comes home all 20000 desibels of her.
A could of weeks ago I asked what the small container was that was situated and attached to the air filter. Well back then I cleaned it to get rig of all the dirt in it.
Today while coming back from the inlaws in Dublin I noticed a drop in oil pressure on the dash guage . It stayed at the idle mark even when on the motor way. I know the sensor can play up but was getting concerned at the same time.
I know that when I put new oil in the engine the pressure goes up for a period of miles, so I thought well if it goes up when the oil is new and thick then it must go down when its thin. Dont slag me yet cause thats my logic on this.
Came back home and had a look at things in the engine bay and remembered that I was off road in water last week and started to look at the tell tail signs of the muddy water and wher it seems to have gone. Well it seemed to have the engine covered to the top with muddy water. Shit I thought but then I said that if a lot of water did get in through the air intake the engine would have blown. Started to calm down but only a bit , had another bottle of beer for madisinal purposes only (shock control). I checked the air filter container and it had dried muddy water marks on it. Checked the little container at the bottom of it , the one that I had cleaned last week and it also hasd dried muddy water stains in it about 1 centemeter high. O God heart pounding, fainting feeling, knees feeling weak, what have I done from being off road have I b--------- my engine. I have changed the oil in the engine, the diffs, gear box, transfers case just to be on the safe side. Any advice or comments on what to look out for.
John C a Tad Nervious
92HDJ 80 1HDT Ireland

Hi John,
She was back home by 11am yesterday - very active, looking and rolling
around, a couple of cries in the night but pretty quiet really.
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift

Hi John,
She was back home by 11am yesterday - very active, looking and rolling
around, a couple of cries in the night but pretty quiet really.
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift

Back