Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waterproof Tailored Seat Covers?

Kilin4x4

Country Flag
malta
Hi guys,

Has anyone ever come across some decent waterproof seat covers, but tailored specifically to fit a KZJ95?

On my previous Disco 2 I had ample choice through sites like Devon 4x4 but now with the Land Cruiser Im really struggling to find something semi-decent.

Came across many "universal " sets on E-bay and then something like this from Roughtrax:
https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/toyota...-heavy-duty-black-front-rear-seat-covers.html
.....but again these are generic sets and won't fit too snug on the seats.

Anyone ever come across some proper waterproof set tailored or custom-made to fit on a 90 Series?

Thanks in advance,

Kilin

There are quite a few 4WD accessory places here doing custom seat covers (these guys are one example I have seen at a show, no affilliation: https://www.blackduck.com.au/). The 90 series is still quite common here so most accessory places have 90 series stuff or can make it.

Thank you, yes I've come across BlackDuck before, will need to check whether they ship worldwide.

Was hoping to find something closer to or within Europe...

Escape gear are very good

I've seen Wet Okole seats on someones cruiser on the forum. They look good.

I had escape gear covers on my 80, I can definitely recommend them. Very good fit. Cost me just shy of £300 for the front seats though. :icon-surprised:
https://www.escapegear.com/

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have Escape Gear too. But I wouldn’t say they are 100% waterproof since they are cotton canvas but good enough, tough and excellent fit and quality

I wouldn't pay the prices whilst knowing most taxi's expect a full custom leather removable interior for around 300 quid , drunks :puke-left: and the last taxi driver said he chose white leather or maybe imitation (i couldn't tell) because its the smell he hates most so he wanted to see any spills that needed cleaning easily .

I had standard waterproof T&Cs on my Colorado.. They were a nice fit as i remember.... The 120 was a different story... Too Tight..

My 90 series came with a set of sheepskin seat covers (which anyone in the Brisbane area is welcome to for free). My wife didn't like them (!) so we took them off only to reveal beautifully preserved 20-year old 90 series fabric. Honestly the foam in these seats so comfortable, more so than my car which has only done 1/3 of the kms.

Thank you guys for all your responses.

I checked out Escape Gear and really liked their product - however front & back was looking at around Eur400! - quite a bit more than I had set aside for seat covers. There again, with 2 young children, they are a must for me....

Was also hoping to find something closer to home or within Europe at least, anything?

I had escape gear covers on my 80, I can definitely recommend them. Very good fit. Cost me just shy of £300 for the front seats though. :icon-surprised:
https://www.escapegear.com/
Me too for my 80. Excellent.
Much cheaper if you can find someone going to South Africa and then you get them delivered to your mate to bring back. Rand is cheap right now.

I can't see why car seats are any different Andy and you should have a spare old seat to test it on , a can is a small investment to test if it comes good .

Thanks for all your responses.

Seems like its going to be Escape Gear then, when funds permit.

I bought mine via eBay Australia! Much cheaper than I could get them from RSA...but yes if you can find someone to buy them in RSA and send then then thats your best option

I bought mine via eBay Australia! Much cheaper than I could get them from RSA...but yes if you can find someone to buy them in RSA and send then then thats your best option

The Ebay Australia ones were universal ones however or custom/tailored to fit properly on the LC 95? - if the former, would work fine so if you have any links, would be great, thanks

I order mine direct from Escape gear

Back