Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waxoyl or Dynitrol services?

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Lo All,

Hoping to be back in cruiser ownership soon (yay!)

Might need a really high quality undersealant job- I beleiev Dynitrol edges waxoyl, but I also believe that doing a good job trump's all!

Do we have any club members who underseal cars, or "go to" suppliers?

Trying to understand cost and timeframe!

ime waxoyl is rubbish direct to rust.

couple of days ago i tried lanoguard. will see how it pans out. it was easy to apply and not messy though. which is a bonus..

Or look for the thread on Krown on here.
That reminds me, I really must redo mine.

Rust is worst inside the box sections which you cannot get to. As for surface rust any protection applied will drop off or trap water underneath especially if salt is already there. Salt creates worm holes in the metal so cant easily be treated. Jet washing with clean water and keeping car dry in a garage is best solution. Also salt is hygroscopic so even if you have a damp atmosphere the truck will be ringing wet and rusting.

I had mine done professionally in 2012 by JR Classics near Doncaster. Apparently he's the go to guy for the Classic car enthusiasts, and I can certainly recommend him. Great job, and a really good price.

He's got this special hose gun thing that can get inside the box section and inside the panels. He will also sand blast first to get rust off.

He's busy tho - I had to wait 3 months to get a slot so get yourself booked in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
JR Classics eh, i'd often wondered about them because you don't hear much about them on these sorts of forums.
Nick can i ask how is the covering they applied performing after what 9 years?

JR Classics eh, i'd often wondered about them because you don't hear much about them on these sorts of forums.
Nick can i ask how is the covering they applied performing after what 9 years?
I'd say very well, although I have nothing to compare it to. Its still there looking very good in a few places, getting thin in others and gone in a few, but then it has been 9 years and she's done a few trips since then. Its easy enough to paint a bit of Dynitrol on where it has come off. As frank said its the inside of the box sections and the places that you can't see that are the problem areas, and I'm sure they will still be looking as good as the day he did them.

Thanks for that, sounds like they did a good job of prep for it to have lasted so long.

Back