Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weekend in the Yorkshire Dales

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
Spent the weekend in the Yorkshire Dales NP, epic scenery, love it up there.

Two day routes based from Nun Cote Nook Farm campsite at Marrick (friendly, allow fires off the ground, £6 per night)

Weather was lovely on the Saturday, massive thunder n lightning during the night tho, and Sunday was a bit wet, here's the routes we took...

Dales%20day%201_zpsvvvl7glm.png

Dales%20Day%202_zpsbnujb3bo.png

Only got video on Saturday (first route) as memory card went duff (don't buy the cheap ones!) kept it under 15 mins, think my editing is getting better :lol:

send me a PM with an email addy if you'd like the GPX files, easy 9-5 days from/to campsite with long lunch break.

Reactions: Ben
Looked a good day Pumpy,thanks for sharing your video:thumbup:

Looks like you had a good trip.

I was camping out in the dales the same weekend. Just a camping and walking trip. Saturday/Sunday night I was wild camping by the River Wharfe in the valley between Starbotton and Hawes. The storm was pretty massive. The river rose by about half a metre in couple of hours. I was fine as I was on higher ground but there were people camped by the rivers edge and they were a little worried ...

I'm interested in the gpx file. I'll send you a pm.

Great video. I really need to get my act together to edit the video from my trips. What software are you using to edit?

Hi Reinhard, yeah that storm was something eh!

I've used Movie Maker for all my vids, except the pic in pic bit of the Alps when I used an evaluation copy of Filmora as MM doesn't do pic in pic.

I've hit the limit of MM useability, thinking of spending on some decent software, it's really slow to load stuff, slow to process stuff, it's sound editing is really poor as you can't edit the sound on the vid only add music - I get round that by setting the mic low on the video camera then setting the music volume to compensate (wind noise is a RPITA) - but hey it's free :lol:

I've looked at other software, currently think Cyberlinks Power Director is best of the bunch but I want to spend some time on some professional software before I stump up for it, if I can beat the tech learning curve on the pro software I'd rather use that, it has to be set up manually for everything which is quite a challenge atm, need more time on it.

love the camera tho, I use the Drift Ghost-S with a permanent USB feed on a longwire taped to the bonnet, the batteries on all the cams don't last all day so I find this works best.

I'll email the GPX files over to you.

Some familiar looking lanes, looks like you had a good trip. Yorkshire dales are a great place to go laning.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like you did all the classic lanes in the area, I think that might be the campsite I stayed at with Paul from one life adventure

could be, the farmers wife asked me if I knew Paul when I booked the club in.
We did all the open lanes in the area, seemed to be quite a few TROs when I researched the route, seem to remember coming across a few on Trailwise.

Back