Weight of a 1HD-T

pugwash

I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
N Hampshire
Does anyone know the dressed weight of a 1HD-T engine by any chance- also coudld do with the weight of a 4speed auto box too!

can't find the weight anywhere, but the engine is still in production so someone must know. Thinking a realistic weight to be around 280kg but definitely need a number.

callum

Apr 27, 2010
Edinburgh
i think it will be over 280kg. as i recall, that's the weight of a land rover tdi and the 1hdt is a fair bit bigger

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
I remember reading that the marine version is around 400kg but that probably includes the outdrive. Next question, how much does an outdrive for a 300hp leisure marine outdrive weight?

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
I'd think the box (without transfer) is about 120kg, transfer about 40kg and engine about 350kg, all just guesses based on arm scales (no I haven't picked an engine up but I've manhandled one and it's about as heavy as my lathe).

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks