Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weird battery problem (wont start)

If we're talking static battery cables then, assuming you have the cables routed and secured adequately, movement and vibration shouldn't be an issue. Not like a wandering welding or maybe a winch cable etc where movement and flex could unduly stress a soldered or any other connection for that matter. JMO

It's lasted this long just being clamped and it's only been because I removed the clamp and previous owners doing the same (battery replacement ect) that's led it to fray.

Highly doubt if it's left alone that it will do the same. Will lace it tomorrow and then focus more on other things :)

...and that's my point precisely.

Excellent work Derek. Carry on.

Always a good debate to solder or not. For many years it was considered bad practice to solder heavy cables in critical applications for example the marine environment. Nowadays both are accepted although there is a caveat that soldered cables should have additional support near the connection.

I regularly use a hydraulic crimper with no solder, and have no issues, also soldered many years back again no problems, clearly a case of 'you pays your money and makes your choice'.

Regards

Dave

Back