Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weird light under rear bumper won't shut off

Torsen M

Hello all,

I just bought a 2003 J 120 from Japan last year(which I love) and I have been a reader for a while but this is my first post. All of a sudden, a light under the rear bumper came on today and it won't turn off, even when the truck is off and the keys are out of the ignition. . The manual is in Japanese and I have tried every switch in the truck to no avail. Has anyone seen this before? It is on the passenger side. You can see the illumination in the backup camera image below.

Thanks.

T

IMG_0605.jpeg IMG_0606.jpeg

Try removing fuses one by one and see when it goes out. See what the description is on the fuse, that may help identify it.

Try removing fuses one by one and see when it goes out. See what the description is on the fuse, that may help identify it.
Unfortunately, I am thousands of miles away from it. My wife had it when this weird light came on.

But good suggestion.

Thanks

It could just be extra light to help when reversing in dark confined spaces you said it does not go out when ignition is off does it go out when truck is remotley locked or could be a timer to light the way on a dark and stormy night best i can do with suggestions

Back