Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weird Steering Column Woes

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
As my tilt and telescopic motors were both inoperative I eventually took the plunge and enquired of my local dealer as to cost of replacement and fitting. To my delight they said they had the two motors on their shelves as another customer had wanted the same job done but then cancelled. As that was some time ago they offered me two for the price of one. The job was done was done and all was well for a week until a few days ago when the column went crazy after I removed the key. The whole raised itself far too high and and was bumping against the dash. It has since come down a wee bit but is still sitting too high. It is going back too the dealer next week to get sorted but I just wondered if anyone else had the same thing happen and what was the solution.

The problem was a clip that secures one of the motors had bent and got dislodged. The part costs the princely sum of £3.00. The clip has now been refitted and all is well. Just thought I would post in case anyone else has the same problem.

Back