Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well Done Toyota!!

silvercruiser

Im currently trying to change the thermostat on the 120 ( wanted to change it before the family trip to south of France)

I did this same job and it was the same location on the colorado it took me an hour. So far i have the airbox out of the way, turbo hose, serpentine belt, alternator a/c compressor and i still cant get to one of the bolts:icon-twisted:

What were they thinking:icon-question:

Oh and ive skinned my knuckles twice:icon-cry:

I do not recommend this job to anyone. surely a thermostat should be an easy serviceable item.

Rant over. Im off to halfrauds to see if i can buy a magic wand to get this bolt out.:wtf:

Are you starting to miss the 95 series then Joe ?

Hi Shayne, yes for how it was so much easier to work on. No for how the new one drives and gives me better economy.:icon-biggrin:

I have now completed this mission but i would not wish this job on anyone. I ended up taking the turbo inlet elbow off so i could get to the last bolt on the thermostat. and the bottom bolt on the thermostat pipe is covered by a bracket that holds a/c pipes so this has to come off too.

im about to have dinner and im off for a night shift knackerd lol

I think it took me longer to drain the coolant than it did to change my stat , but i guess in standard form the 120 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 90 , it genuinely saddens me that to my mind they are a finished product with no room for negotiation and so they don't appeal to me .

I think it took me longer to drain the coolant than it did to change my stat , but i guess in standard form the 120 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 90 , it genuinely saddens me that to my mind they are a finished product with no room for negotiation and so they don't appeal to me .

Shayne, I haven't really searched or looked into it,but how easy is the stat change on the 90 series? I had a quick look underneath the other day, it looked interesting...

I got 1 or maybe 2 bolts from above and one from beneath , possibly i had to undo a clip to move the pcv pipe out of the way :think: it was one of them jobs that you finish thinking wow it can't be that easy i must have done something wrong .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes easy on the kzte im sure it only took me about an hour when i did. Today took me a good 5/6 hours.

The 90/95 series are old school and i still like them. I can see where your coming from.

I'm just glad your happy with it mate , i'm one of them buggers that can't leave things alone , if i bought a Bentley i would modify it :shifty:

Last edited:
Back