Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well I certainly wasn't expecting that!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Started 7 months ago, went from head of UK retail, to Head of all UK operations to Group head of and then after two weeks on holiday came back to a meeting today where they said come in, close the door, take a seat, here's your P45.

Well, at least I get a nice long weekend now. Jobs to do ....

Sorry to hear that chris.

I am sure you will find something soon.

Stu

That's a bummer, I hope your severance package will tide you over.

I assume it was caused by a change of strategy/direction rather than by unhappiness with you; you should therefore get a decent reference, which always helps.

I suspect you won't be waiting around for long.

I assume you were employed to manage 'Risk' and 'Good Operating Practices' ??

Bob.

Cr@p news Chris - twice in one year ?
Hope you find something else soon, - time for another holiday then

Sorry to hear this news Chris, maybe its a change for the best in what lies next for you. All the best.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks chaps, hey this stuff happens. I liked the job and the business, but they decided on balance that I didn't fit somehow. I think that's a convenient reason really. My boss is going to sit down with me he says and give me the real low down which I'd welcome. In part I don't think they ever needed me in the first place. I was happy enough to take the coin and if I do find another role quickly, it's another major boost to the retirement coffers. They have been generous. If I don't then I'll have to stop buying new cars and toys - take a road trip and then find a job. Let's hope we have a nice summer / autumn.

Despite the "bright-side" look at it Chris, that's a real bummer.

I don't think anyone "likes" moving from job to job, and with no real reason given for their decision, IMO they should compensate you well, for messing you about.

Trusting you'll soon get another placement, and wish you better luck with a more serious employer this time.

What a crap way to be layed off. Come back from your holiday to be told this. i would certainty want to know why, the problem being with these kind of people ime is they will hide behind/blame other people for the decision, but you never know..

im sure your not, but dont take it personally.

4th time for me, not that this is redundancy exactly. Came back from honeymoon to find padlock on the factory gates. That WAS a shock. I wasn't expecting this but it wasn't actually a surprise either. Personally? Nah far to big and hairy for that.

Truth is that over the last month, someone was already headhunting me. I'd sort of said, meh, well, hmm. Needless to say I've been in touch with them. Fingers crossed. I thought his was a good job but the one the cards is off the scale.

Frustrating, but I have every faith that you'll turn this situation to your advantage. Best of luck.

That sucks Chris but good luck with the potential one in the pipe line.

Just seeing where I could go for a trip. Hmm, maybe an up round and down in Scotland?

May and September and early October often have the best weather up here, but midges can still be around in the first few weeks of September

Hi Chris that is not good but you can make it good go for it from Tony

Had a great night's sleep last night I have to say. And today, let's see...

Ahh trailer bearings I think!

Just seeing where I could go for a trip. Hmm, maybe an up round and down in Scotland?

Sorry to hear that Chris. A quick trip around the new Scotland 500 route maybe. I hear its good.

Back