Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well it had to happen sooner or later......

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
..... LB failed the MOT today :(

Bushes on the Stabalizer drop linkage need replacing (or so I am told).....

LB-Drop-Linkage-S.jpg

The bottom bolt is tight although you can move the link forward and back, so I could probably get away with tightening the bolt.

What I can't find in the EPG is in the bottom circled bit there is a rubber cover of sorts, does anyone know if I can get this sepatately or do I need to buy the complete link arm? :?:

Not a train smash but I need to get it sorted by Thursday as that is when the current MOT expires. Hopfully I can get the bits from Mr T tomorrow.

usually you get the whole arm as one thing

but I am sure i saw some balljoint rubber dust covers like that one ebay the other week - for track-rod ends, can't remember the link sorry...

I don't think the Milners ones are very expensive and they come with new bushes. Delivery is also pretty quick usually (my stuff is always next day).

Hmmm just took a look at the Milners site and it's not really clear which parts are for the drop link. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they recon.

Yeah, complete unit Tony. Fit and forget. The problem often is that they get done up too tight. They don't need that. This wrecks the bushes.

Karl will know which ones. But remember!!! LB is not standard. It has (IIRC) 90 rear ones on the front and Terrano ones on the back. The Nissan ones have a little curve in them. So which ever end they are at you need the same end to go at the other end. Make sense? Which ever end has gone, you do not want to order the seemingly correct part.

Chris

Chris said:
But remember!!! LB is not standard. It has (IIRC) 90 rear ones on the front and Terrano ones on the back.

Probably Terrano ones on the front, and front's on the back.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bummer.

Coincidentally both mine went on a 200km bad stretch of road in Angola recently. Asked at Toyota dealer in Namibia and they wanted £55 JUST for 48820. :shock: They didnt have any other bushes, nuts etc in stock.

Looks like mine were rusty and they snapped .

fridayman said:
Chris said:
But remember!!! LB is not standard. It has (IIRC) 90 rear ones on the front and Terrano ones on the back.

Probably Terrano ones on the front, and front's on the back.

Ah ok, so if I understand this correctly, if I order those part numbers then they won't fit due to the mods on LB? If this is correct then what do I need? Nissan Terrano ones?

ignat said:
Bummer.

Coincidentally both mine went on a 200km bad stretch of road in Angola recently. Asked at Toyota dealer in Namibia and they wanted £55 JUST for 48820. :shock: They didnt have any other bushes, nuts etc in stock.

Looks like mine were rusty and they snapped .

The EPG shows just the link arm 48820 as €105, so you got your cheaply :roll:

from the info above they are the ones IIRC chris posted on the otherside when he did this mod. Cannot believe the difference in price between MR.T and milners for these.

Tony, if there is a bend it in, it's a Nissan one. If it's straight then it's Toyota, but from the other end of the truck that you are looking at. It's that easy. Ring Milner in the morning and just order them. Simples. If it IS the Nissan ones then just say, it's the Nissan Terrano ones that Chris put on his. But you'll probably need Karl for that. Or if you are utterly confused by that (oh come on!) then just order two fronts and two rears, take off what ever is on there and put the right ones on. I found that with the SL that LB had, I got better articulation with the longer links on as it set the ARB back more to its original position. This only makes any difference when one wheel is higher that the other. On a flat road it makes no difference at all. Those links on ebay don't look anything like the ones I bought. They are half as long. Do not buy them.

Chris

Ah ok, so when I briefly looked at it this evening, it looked dead straight, so I am guessing they must be the rear Toyota ones on the front. I will take a look at the rear ones in the morning, and if they are bent, then it will all make sense...

Ta muchly.....

The Colorado has longer links in front, while the Terrano has longer links at the rear... and the Terrano rear links are longer than the Colorado front links. So, you want Terrano rear links on your front, and Colorado front links on your rear. Simples! :)

I put colorado front links at REAR
and terrano links (with kink in them) at FRONT - only i cannot remember if the terrano links were front or rear terrano ones...

aha
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7515&hilit=ome
its terrano rear links go on front of the colorado.
I seem to recall making a small collar to go round the lower balljoint bolt on the link as it was smaller diameter than the hole on the front ARB

at the time I did this i read what Chris had done to LB - so did same

here - top of page 2!
http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... o&start=15

difference in cost between milners vs toyota is also a difference in quality. the milners parts havent been as robust - washers thinner etc

Thanks for the help lads. I took another look at the links today and blow me over they do indeed have a kink in them :oops:

So ordered the Terrano rear ones (which have the kink) from Milners, hopefully I should have these tomorrow :thumbup:

@Chris, called Milners to enquire about which ones I needed and asked for Karl as you indicated. The stroppy lady insisted that she was capable of helping me, but when I said that I wanted the Terrano ones for a Land Cruiser she was a bit reluctant.... Fair dues to her, she did say that if they were incorrect then I could send them back for a refund, as long as they had not been used etc, etc.

A refund from milners :think:

Let me know how you get on with that one

Milner´s part.no 005369 SUSPENSION ANTI ROLL LINK £15.00

Parts arrive around 9:30am this mornig, pretty good service if you ask me :clap:

Fitted these this evening took about 20mins all in... Easy fix. Was planning on taking some pics, but kids were playing up so I had to finish up and beat the living s**t out of them :evil: (well not really).

KZJ90 said:
Milner´s part.no 005369 SUSPENSION ANTI ROLL LINK £15.00
Invoice shows a different part number.... 000485 "Suspension Anti Roll Link Rear ED002"

Either way these were the same as what was in there :dance:

Well just to close this off, LB passed the re-test, so another year of happy motoring for me :thumbup:

Awesome - Go Lil Blue :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Daddy's very proud.

C

Back