well then I bought this today...

Gav Peter

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
The Wirral, NW Ingerland
Bat21 said:
Kick and leccy start Gav
Thank goodness for that...

One of my buddies had a single cylinder 600cc Yam which only had a kicker... He got it wrong once & it bit back - almost took his leg off!!! I was in pleats on the floor!!!

I'm glad my bullet has a button to spin her up :D

That does look cool though Tobes - will look even cooler soon no doubt ;-)

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Currently, Perth Australia
Garage
Thanks guys...

Yep Paul is spot on.... Both leccy and kick...
I love the kick though...
my old 1000 Sportster had a kick only.. haha that nearly killed me a couple of times.... all good fun though...

I can't afford another HD though at the moment and being a lover of the old 750/4 this seemed like a good substitute... :mrgreen:

Is it an F1? I thought it was an F2..

It's from 1978 by the way....
Only thing is that I have to ride it back...

about 10 hours on the frikking thing... :lol: Better take some ear-plugs.. :twisted:
will it be ok Paul..?? I hear that the engines are like Land Cruisers pretty indestructible..

Gav Peter

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
The Wirral, NW Ingerland
Wow, 10 hours on that seat... Good luck with that - hope you've had your children already ;-)

I have quite a sporty bike but compared to many other bikes I've sat upon, its is without question fitted with an extremely comfy seat...

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Garage
Gavlad said:
Wow, 10 hours on that seat... Good luck with that - hope you've had your children already ;-)

I have quite a sporty bike but compared to many other bikes I've sat upon, its is without question fitted with an extremely comfy seat...

yep it will be an undertaking... lol
a well the things you do ay.... :mrgreen:

Bat21

Supporter
I am in morocco
Feb 24, 2010
Shropshirington
TobyJug said:
Is it an F1? I thought it was an F2..

It's from 1978 by the way....
Only thing is that I have to ride it back...

about 10 hours on the frikking thing... :lol: Better take some ear-plugs.. :twisted:
will it be ok Paul..?? I hear that the engines are like Land Cruisers pretty indestructible..
If it's a 1978 then you are right, it is indeed an F2
thumb2.gif
the F2 was fitted with the comstar wheels so the spoked ones on yours threw me :)

The only problems with the SOHC engine is the cam/cam carrier. The cam runs directly in the alloy cylinder head, if the cam gets starved of oil you can wave good bye to the whole cylinder head :shock:

Having said that, regular oil changes should prevent any unwanted damage.

On tick over these motors sound like a box of spanners in a washing machine, it's just the clutch basket rattling round... pull the clutch in and virtually all the commotion will stop.

Balancing the carbs with a set of vacuum gauges will make an amazing difference to the smoothness of the motor too.

Attachments

Ecky Thump

Mar 4, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Garage
I had the 550/4.

Bag of the proverbial that rode terribly, but boy did it sound good :p

I'll stick to laying across the tank on a pocket rocket now.

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Garage
checking the oil before I leave then....

I mean I need to ride back over 10hrs after all...

yes they sound awesome Les...
I can't wait to get it... :mrgreen:

Booked my flight now... so Saturday it is....

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Garage
HAHA Chas...

I will let you know if I come near.... I am arriving in Dover with the ferry..
After riding through Holland, Belgium and France that is... lol

Thanks Les.... I will find out on Sat and let you know...

Saying that Blades are pretty comfy aren't they?
I have rode one but can't remember.. haha..

Chas

Supporter
I am in england
Mar 15, 2010
Merton Park London
Garage
TobyJug said:
HAHA Chas...I will let you know if I come near.... I am arriving in Dover with the ferry..After riding through Holland, Belgium and France that is... lolThanks Les.... I will find out on Sat and let you know...
Saying that Blades are pretty comfy aren't they?I have rode one but can't remember.. haha..
Feel free Toby, I expect after riding from Holland you could do with some refreshment, I can dig something out of the freezer for you. :cool:
Chas

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Garage
Cossack said:
TobyJug said:
HAHA Chas...I will let you know if I come near.... I am arriving in Dover with the ferry..After riding through Holland, Belgium and France that is... lolThanks Les.... I will find out on Sat and let you know...
Saying that Blades are pretty comfy aren't they?I have rode one but can't remember.. haha..
Feel free Toby, I expect after riding from Holland you could do with some refreshment, I can dig something out of the freezer for you. :cool:
Chas
Thanks for the offer mate..
I will see how I feel when I get off the boat and what the weather is like...
if it is shit I might just power on...

Should be fun 10 hrs on a bike from 1978 hahaha

Bat21

Supporter
I am in morocco
Feb 24, 2010
Shropshirington
TobyJug said:
....Should be fun 10 hrs on a bike from 1978 hahaha
In 1985 I rode 925 mile from here to Linz in Austria in one hit on a Suzuki GS1000, 24 hours including ferry and fuel stops :?

Ecky Thump

Mar 4, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Garage
Bat21 said:
TobyJug said:
....Should be fun 10 hrs on a bike from 1978 hahaha
In 1985 I rode 925 mile from here to Linz in Austria in one hit on a Suzuki GS1000, 24 hours including ferry and fuel stops :?
Can't match that but in 87 I did just over 600 in one hit on a GSX1100EZ. Sports tourer so decent comfort.
Next day I still had around 400 to do and boy did that hurt. That was just getting my butt out of my pit, never mind getting on the bike to carry on :o
925, even with stops, sounds like a megga painful experience.

I think the most I have done on the Blade is Derbyshire and back in a day. 400 miles with a 6 hour relax in Chesterfield. Getting too old for that now :lol:

TobyJug

Mar 31, 2010
Garage
hehe yeh I used to do long draggs on my old VFR750 but not rode long distance for a few years haha so should be fun....

all is booked and sorted now so can't wait...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks