Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

well then I bought this today...

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Not a 4x4 I know....

Needs bigger ape-hangers, bigger tank and a few more bits chopping but it's a cool new toy...
should pick it up Saturday...

6.jpg


5.jpg


4.jpg


3.jpg


2.jpg


1.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 57
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 52
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 68

Gav Peter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
4,844
Country Flag
england
Holy Mother of... Nope better not go there...

Is that a feckin kick start I can see there!!! :shock:
 

Bat21

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,902
Country Flag
morocco
An old Honda CB750/4 F1
thumb2.gif


35 years old now, I've rebuilt many of those SOHC motors.

Kick and leccy start Gav
thumb2.gif
 

Attachments

  • thumb2.gif
    thumb2.gif
    933 bytes · Views: 49
  • thumb2.gif
    thumb2.gif
    933 bytes · Views: 50

Gav Peter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
4,844
Country Flag
england
Bat21 said:
Kick and leccy start Gav
Thank goodness for that...

One of my buddies had a single cylinder 600cc Yam which only had a kicker... He got it wrong once & it bit back - almost took his leg off!!! I was in pleats on the floor!!!

I'm glad my bullet has a button to spin her up :D

That does look cool though Tobes - will look even cooler soon no doubt ;-)
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Thanks guys...

Yep Paul is spot on.... Both leccy and kick...
I love the kick though...
my old 1000 Sportster had a kick only.. haha that nearly killed me a couple of times.... all good fun though...

I can't afford another HD though at the moment and being a lover of the old 750/4 this seemed like a good substitute... :mrgreen:

Is it an F1? I thought it was an F2..

It's from 1978 by the way....
Only thing is that I have to ride it back...

about 10 hours on the frikking thing... :lol: Better take some ear-plugs.. :twisted:
will it be ok Paul..?? I hear that the engines are like Land Cruisers pretty indestructible..
 

Gav Peter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
4,844
Country Flag
england
Wow, 10 hours on that seat... Good luck with that - hope you've had your children already ;-)

I have quite a sporty bike but compared to many other bikes I've sat upon, its is without question fitted with an extremely comfy seat...
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Gavlad said:
Wow, 10 hours on that seat... Good luck with that - hope you've had your children already ;-)

I have quite a sporty bike but compared to many other bikes I've sat upon, its is without question fitted with an extremely comfy seat...


yep it will be an undertaking... lol
a well the things you do ay.... :mrgreen:
 

Bat21

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,902
Country Flag
morocco
TobyJug said:
Is it an F1? I thought it was an F2..

It's from 1978 by the way....
Only thing is that I have to ride it back...

about 10 hours on the frikking thing... :lol: Better take some ear-plugs.. :twisted:
will it be ok Paul..?? I hear that the engines are like Land Cruisers pretty indestructible..
If it's a 1978 then you are right, it is indeed an F2
thumb2.gif
the F2 was fitted with the comstar wheels so the spoked ones on yours threw me :)

The only problems with the SOHC engine is the cam/cam carrier. The cam runs directly in the alloy cylinder head, if the cam gets starved of oil you can wave good bye to the whole cylinder head :shock:

Having said that, regular oil changes should prevent any unwanted damage.

On tick over these motors sound like a box of spanners in a washing machine, it's just the clutch basket rattling round... pull the clutch in and virtually all the commotion will stop.

Balancing the carbs with a set of vacuum gauges will make an amazing difference to the smoothness of the motor too.
 

Attachments

  • thumb2.gif
    thumb2.gif
    933 bytes · Views: 56

Ecky Thump

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
1,422
Garage
I had the 550/4.

Bag of the proverbial that rode terribly, but boy did it sound good :p

I'll stick to laying across the tank on a pocket rocket now.
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
checking the oil before I leave then....

I mean I need to ride back over 10hrs after all...


yes they sound awesome Les...
I can't wait to get it... :mrgreen:


Booked my flight now... so Saturday it is....
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,373
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
Booked my flight now... so Saturday it is....
Where are you picking it up from Toby?
Chas
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,373
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
Holland....
OMG :o I was going to say if you're anywhere near South London, pop in for a cuppa, but I guess not eh!
Chas
 

Ecky Thump

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
1,422
Garage
Good luck Toby.

I don't envy you 10 hours in the saddle although it is probably comfier than my Blade.

Enjoy your trip.
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
HAHA Chas...

I will let you know if I come near.... I am arriving in Dover with the ferry..
After riding through Holland, Belgium and France that is... lol

Thanks Les.... I will find out on Sat and let you know...

Saying that Blades are pretty comfy aren't they?
I have rode one but can't remember.. haha..
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,373
Garage
Country Flag
england
TobyJug said:
HAHA Chas...I will let you know if I come near.... I am arriving in Dover with the ferry..After riding through Holland, Belgium and France that is... lolThanks Les.... I will find out on Sat and let you know...
Saying that Blades are pretty comfy aren't they?I have rode one but can't remember.. haha..
Feel free Toby, I expect after riding from Holland you could do with some refreshment, I can dig something out of the freezer for you. :cool:
Chas
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Cossack said:
TobyJug said:
HAHA Chas...I will let you know if I come near.... I am arriving in Dover with the ferry..After riding through Holland, Belgium and France that is... lolThanks Les.... I will find out on Sat and let you know...
Saying that Blades are pretty comfy aren't they?I have rode one but can't remember.. haha..
Feel free Toby, I expect after riding from Holland you could do with some refreshment, I can dig something out of the freezer for you. :cool:
Chas

Thanks for the offer mate..
I will see how I feel when I get off the boat and what the weather is like...
if it is shit I might just power on...

Should be fun 10 hrs on a bike from 1978 hahaha
 

Bat21

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,902
Country Flag
morocco
TobyJug said:
....Should be fun 10 hrs on a bike from 1978 hahaha
In 1985 I rode 925 mile from here to Linz in Austria in one hit on a Suzuki GS1000, 24 hours including ferry and fuel stops :?
 

Ecky Thump

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
1,422
Garage
Bat21 said:
TobyJug said:
....Should be fun 10 hrs on a bike from 1978 hahaha
In 1985 I rode 925 mile from here to Linz in Austria in one hit on a Suzuki GS1000, 24 hours including ferry and fuel stops :?

Can't match that but in 87 I did just over 600 in one hit on a GSX1100EZ. Sports tourer so decent comfort.
Next day I still had around 400 to do and boy did that hurt. That was just getting my butt out of my pit, never mind getting on the bike to carry on :o
925, even with stops, sounds like a megga painful experience.

I think the most I have done on the Blade is Derbyshire and back in a day. 400 miles with a 6 hour relax in Chesterfield. Getting too old for that now :lol:
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
hehe yeh I used to do long draggs on my old VFR750 but not rode long distance for a few years haha so should be fun....

all is booked and sorted now so can't wait...
 
Top