We're back!

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Well, that was a pain.....

I was doing some "routine maintenance", took another sip of wine and deleted the website...... Oops.
A few hours later and we're back up and running with a few bumps.

• The images are still restoring. They may take a few more hours to copy across
  • Images uploaded today (Saturday 5th March) will unfortunately be lost. Posts with images in will seem odd due to broken images. You can edit them and re-add if you wish.
  • System might be a bit slow while it restores the files and rebuilds the cache.
Any questions - shout!

10:00 Update
All files now copied up but I see there seem to be many still missing so starting the copy again. A bit boring.....
Things like your avatar are missing, loads of images in posts still missing along with thumbnails it. All in all a bit of a mess but will get there :)

Last edited:
ha ha happens to all of us Crispin. Its sometimes hard to know if the solution is to drink more or less wine......

• Haha
Reactions: Raj
Coo that was a drastic wrong key press, good job the words spoken at that moment didn't automatically upload.

ha ha happens to all of us Crispin. Its sometimes hard to know if the solution is to drink more or less wine......
There is a very fine line between lethargy, brilliance and carelessness. It's normally about a glass of wine which tips over into each
Coo that was a drastic wrong key press, good job the words spoken at that moment didn't automatically upload.
There were indeed some expletives. I heard my daughter tell my other daughter "dad's broken something again"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Going quicker than my backup storage being recovered. A week in and still no sign of completion

A few years back our IT department managed to switch off the UPS (which must be an oxymoron)!

Anyway, thanks for getting us back on line Crispin - I appreciate the work of the admins keeping HMS Landcruiser afloat.

More importantly what is that cruiser doing on the back of that truck?

That was my first 150 Gav just after they were released.
Had a list failures including:
  • brake master cylinder failure while en route to Italy - this was a one-off
  • bad fuel delivery due to cold fuel (IIRC) and they installed a fuel heater
  • failed KDSS system
  • and a slew of smaller items.

This photo was after brake failure and I called the dealer and threatened to torch it :D

Credit to them though - both Toyota UK and Italy were good at trying to look after it.

And I thought it was World War E that had attacked the site.

Ah ok. Cheers for sorting the site out mate. Was starting to shake and feel sick.....

me and the wife sat down and had a talk last night
Sorry you went through that. So many atrocities at the moment!

And I thought it was World War E that had attacked the site.
Hosted in Germany so if you see them entering the mess we'll have to move it to somewhere stable like Congo.....

We're all done!
However, I need to do another upgrade so it will be down for a short while again. A short while he says......

Sorry @Gav missin - hope you did not have to spend too much time with SWAMBO.
Upgrade now done and we're all normal.

Hosted in Germany so if you see them entering the mess we'll have to move it to somewhere stable like Congo.....

Not according to my country flags plugin, you're not....

SS 2022-03-06 at 20.32.22.png

..unless the war really has escalated and the yanks have occupied Berlin again.

Confused - why / where are you seeing that flag?
I can see you're not there.

Back