Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wet passenger side floor and what i did

Van Rhyn

Country Flag
south_africa
For a while now my passenger side has been getting wet and i could not find a leak. First i found the window washer pipe that runs in the gutter was broken and i fixed it, i was very happy as i hate water in my cruiser. Then it started raining in my town and it was still dry a day or 2 but on the third day it was soaking .
First i cleaned out my doors of all the mud and crap, that did not help.
I got in the car today and a friend hosed down the car and i found the leak. I removed the panel under the wipers and found a small rust crack and hole under the window rubber.
I simply put sealer in the hole and over the crack as a temp fix before i save up money for s re spray and rust removal. Pics to follow

Thats pics of my wet floor and pillar where water runs in and the cheap sealer fix. As i said its only temporary

5A87AC10-A954-4C7C-AE32-CD363F3E7E39.jpeg 5317A491-D11E-4F16-94C8-AF3A2D4FDE2A.jpeg 1EB2D65F-CD7A-4398-A2D2-9994ECAE751D.jpeg 25D01CAF-0369-4B03-B3A2-47965A63E58B.jpeg

:text-goodpost:

It’s a shame, that’s a nasty looking rust spot you’ve got there, it’s fixable, but it means a lot of dismantling to get at to do a proper welded insert repair.

Wing off, screen out and so forth, but we’ll worth it if you can find a good panel repair guy.

:text-goodpost:

It’s a shame, that’s a nasty looking rust spot you’ve got there, it’s fixable, but it means a lot of dismantling to get at to do a proper welded insert repair.

Wing off, screen out and so forth, but we’ll worth it if you can find a good panel repair guy.
I deff need to fix it. There is a guy in town that does it. I will do the welding and rust fix my self he just need to paint and and assemble. But now i have to save money

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So the 80 is prone to lots of leakes? I saw on the page there is a bunch of problems with water coming in
Not that many really VR, mainly through poorly fitted windscreens and paint damage causing rusting. That and lack of maintenance to things like sunroof drains (x4). Window apertures especially sliding ones can trap water and rust and the rear quarters can get blocked up and rust out below the bumper line unseen.
Butyl screen seal is very useful stuff if applied where needed.

Back