Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What a weekend.........................

ben said:
Cossack said:
I got an ally grille for mine at a 4x4 show £8 :thumbup:
same here. :thumbup:

i dont think id ever fit a plastic one again. :naughty:
I know, I know, but I'm a sucker for originality and couldn't resist a genuine Safari grill for £6.50 :)

ben said:
Steven, have you checked the air box to see if theres broken bits of grill that need removing?
LOL :) I'd completely forgotten to check in there for busted grill bits :roll: Thanks for the reminder, I'll do that later on :thumbup:

edit - Have you fixed those brake lights yet Ben :?: :) ;)

Julian Voelcker said:
Ah, good old Telford - used to be at Harper Adams and used to live at Donnington - I suspect that Telford has grown a bit since then.

Yes, did bits of the Long Mynd last year thanks to tracks from Jon and Paul - very easy routes and excellent fish and chips at the end down in Church Stretton.

apologies, i wasnt sure how well you know Shropshire, so i said Telford as most people have heard of it. :oops:

i live just outside Newport, which im guessing you know very well if you were at Harpers! :thumbup:

sae70 said:
ben said:
Cossack said:
I got an ally grille for mine at a 4x4 show £8 :thumbup:
same here. :thumbup:

i dont think id ever fit a plastic one again. :naughty:
I know, I know, but I'm a sucker for originality and couldn't resist a genuine Safari grill for £6.50 :)

ben said:
Steven, have you checked the air box to see if theres broken bits of grill that need removing?
LOL :) I'd completely forgotten to check in there for busted grill bits :roll: Thanks for the reminder, I'll do that later on :thumbup:

edit - Have you fixed those brake lights yet Ben :?: :) ;)

No Steven brake lights still not fixed. :oops:

im not great with vehicle electrics and if i take it anywhere i will most likely just get f****D over, which is usually what happens! :thumbdown:

i do need to get the brake lights sorted, but regarding all the other electrical issues im hoping to wait till i get to OZ, and im hoping i will have more luck there, with regards to finding a garage who will do a decent job and not rip me off! :pray:

Next stage towards completing my repairs arrived this morning courtesy of Steff :thumbup:

He even had an O/S front mud flap for me :D I'd torn the other one of @ Lincomb some time back :)

P2240044.jpg

Just need to have a dig around the shed to find the last dregs of the RED Hammerite smooth paint that I'm sure I still have to paint over the damage to the gutter edge on the 'A' pillar and it'll all be like it had all never happened :D ;)

glad your almost sorted Steven. :thumbup:

was a great weekend! :clap:

ive got a whole weekend to work on my truck before next weekends laning trip to the Peak district! :dance:

Snorkel fixed :)

P2190104.jpg

P2220041.jpg

P2220042.jpg

Damage fixed :)

I used a large flat blade screwdriver and a pair of slip joint pliers to twist and bend the gutter back into a better shape then gave it a quick rub down with some wet and dry, a bit of Red Oxide and a couple of coats of Red Smoothrite :thumbup: The sealant had also split along the joint of the gutter rail and the 'A' pillar so I squeezed some exterior decorators caulk into the crack before I painted it :D

P2200115.jpg

P2200119.jpg

P2250132.jpg

P2250133.jpg

P2250134.jpg

I knew being a First Responder would come in handy one day :whistle: :lol:

P2250136.jpg

P2250137.jpg

P2250138.jpg

Then fitted the new glass supplied by Steff :D

P2240044.jpg

After cleaning the sticky mess left behind by the temporary fix gaffer tape :)

P2250130.jpg

P2250131.jpg

P225013942.jpg

There, like it had never happened :whistle: And all for just £43.50 in hard cash :D

P2250141.jpg

Rock on the next trip :thumbup: :D

nice work. :clap:

glad your all sorted mate. :thumbup:

cant wait for the next trip. :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
P2250130.jpg

Quick one for you Steve, what do 'we' use for getting rid of the sticky gaffa tape guck &/or similar stickers?

Nice repair BTW :cool:

I used windscreen de-icer to remove the stick stuff left behind when I removed a stick-on number plate, (Tip from a Polish car wash operative) :thumbup:

ben said:
nice work, glad your all sorted mate.
Thanks Ben :D

ben said:
cant wait for the next trip.
Nor me :mrgreen:

Gav Peter said:
P2250130.jpg

Quick one for you Steve, what do 'we' use for getting rid of the sticky gaffa tape guck &/or similar stickers?

Nice repair BTW :cool:
I've been using this stuff for 4/5 years now for all of this kind of thing & found it to be very good, I just keep a bottle in the shed till I need it. The bottle I have now I've probably had for nearly three years & there's still a good third in it :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Everbuild-pvc ... 2158wt_936

01UPVCSOLVENT.gif

Cossack said:
I used windscreen de-icer to remove the stick stuff left behind when I removed a stick-on number plate, (Tip from a Polish car wash operative) :thumbup:
I like the sound of that :D I've heard of using WD-40 very successfully for this kind of sticky removal, but it always strikes me that it would be very messy & greasey :|

Back