What after-market horn?

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
I'm tired of the irritating sheep-like bleat the LC120 makes from the OEM horn and wanted to fit a set of decent horns - I used to have a set of Fiamm electrics on my GPz1100 which worked a charm :twisted:

I see I can also get Stebel air horns (the Nautilus compact looks good) for under £20 ...

Which one's have you used, or could recommend?

Cheers

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
I stuck a pair of Halfrauds specials on the other week. Ring IMSMC. They give a good blast that's for sure and they were easy to swap over. I can't believe that there is a Rolls Royce of horns. That's just daft.

C

Dave Docwra

Apr 24, 2010
Enfield
That reminds me of the time a mate of mine liberated a set of horns late at night from a Romanian train, we fitted them to his truck on his return to the UK, you always new when he was in the area after that.

Chas

Supporter
I am in england
Mar 15, 2010
Merton Park London
Garage
Gary Stockton said:
I'm tired of the irritating sheep-like bleat the LC120 makes from the OEM horn and wanted to fit a set of decent horns - I used to have a set of Fiamm electrics on my GPz1100 which worked a charm :twisted:

I see I can also get Stebel air horns (the Nautilus compact looks good) for under £20 ...

Which one's have you used, or could recommend?

Cheers
I bought one of these, not exactly 'truck horn' but very effective :cool: .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/car-horns-truck-h ... 3a5f415f86 :shock:

Chas

Supercruiser80

Nov 29, 2010
Ive been looking for a new horn for mine. I really cannot understand how these people manage to sell these without a sound clip... Its beyond me. I have thought about installing a compressor to double for tyres and, use as an air horn... Anyone any ideas about pressures for a standard truck supply..? have you any videos of your 12v supply ''truck horn''

Ecky Thump

Mar 4, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Garage
Supercruiser80 said:
Ive been looking for a new horn for mine. I really cannot understand how these people manage to sell these without a sound clip... Its beyond me. I have thought about installing a compressor to double for tyres and, use as an air horn... Anyone any ideas about pressures for a standard truck supply..? have you any videos of your 12v supply ''truck horn''
Hi SC
Most trucks and coaches run at 100psi with a few going up to 120psi.
With a compressor and tank you will have no issues.
Even train horns run at 100psi and they are mega loud :D

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
The compact which is still pretty big really. Will fit it on Sunday I hope. I think it's the compact - will check :)

Can you not make one, Jon??
:) :) :)

I'll get my coat ...

Graham

I am in uk
Mar 22, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
Garage
Ecky Thump said:
Supercruiser80 said:
Hi SC
Most trucks and coaches run at 100psi with a few going up to 120psi.
With a compressor and tank you will have no issues.
Even train horns run at 100psi and they are mega loud :D
Here you are,

Just what you want?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10178

Graham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks