Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What after-market horn?

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
I'm tired of the irritating sheep-like bleat the LC120 makes from the OEM horn and wanted to fit a set of decent horns - I used to have a set of Fiamm electrics on my GPz1100 which worked a charm :twisted:

I see I can also get Stebel air horns (the Nautilus compact looks good) for under £20 ...

Which one's have you used, or could recommend?

Cheers

I dont even know what my LCs horn sounds like! :shock:
Ill have to check on the drive home tonight! :dance:

Sneak these under the Howling Moon Gaz...

[youtube:27yanntl]VRecGUQYM9g[/youtube:27yanntl]

:shock:

You'll find the detail on MUD... :cool:

Don't know but I'll be interested to see the answers :mrgreen:

I stuck a pair of Halfrauds specials on the other week. Ring IMSMC. They give a good blast that's for sure and they were easy to swap over. I can't believe that there is a Rolls Royce of horns. That's just daft.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think Gav has the right idea :D

I've been debating if I should blow £400+ on these:

[youtube:21341e2x]BGYcnYLK_50[/youtube:21341e2x]

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

That reminds me of the time a mate of mine liberated a set of horns late at night from a Romanian train, we fitted them to his truck on his return to the UK, you always new when he was in the area after that.

Gary Stockton said:
I'm tired of the irritating sheep-like bleat the LC120 makes from the OEM horn and wanted to fit a set of decent horns - I used to have a set of Fiamm electrics on my GPz1100 which worked a charm :twisted:

I see I can also get Stebel air horns (the Nautilus compact looks good) for under £20 ...

Which one's have you used, or could recommend?

Cheers
I bought one of these, not exactly 'truck horn' but very effective :cool: .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/car-horns-truck-h ... 3a5f415f86 :shock:

Chas

Heh heh :lol:

I got the stebel nautilus - now to fit it!

Now I have to get my self some of those train horns.......I like......does that make me sad..............don't care I am going to get some.

Steve

Ive been looking for a new horn for mine. I really cannot understand how these people manage to sell these without a sound clip... Its beyond me. I have thought about installing a compressor to double for tyres and, use as an air horn... Anyone any ideas about pressures for a standard truck supply..? have you any videos of your 12v supply ''truck horn''

Supercruiser80 said:
Ive been looking for a new horn for mine. I really cannot understand how these people manage to sell these without a sound clip... Its beyond me. I have thought about installing a compressor to double for tyres and, use as an air horn... Anyone any ideas about pressures for a standard truck supply..? have you any videos of your 12v supply ''truck horn''
Hi SC
Most trucks and coaches run at 100psi with a few going up to 120psi.
With a compressor and tank you will have no issues.
Even train horns run at 100psi and they are mega loud :D

The compact which is still pretty big really. Will fit it on Sunday I hope. I think it's the compact - will check :)

Can you not make one, Jon??
:) :) :)

I'll get my coat ...

Should be fitting mine too :thumbup:

Ecky Thump said:
Supercruiser80 said:
Hi SC
Most trucks and coaches run at 100psi with a few going up to 120psi.
With a compressor and tank you will have no issues.
Even train horns run at 100psi and they are mega loud :D
Here you are,

Just what you want?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10178

Graham

Back