Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What are those..

Progressor

Country Flag
great_britain
Having never owned a SUV(or a car made after the 90s) before I have some stuff that I can't figure on my cruiser(2004 120 series aka Prado, LC4 4l petrol). Some of these are aftermarket some are not.

1. No idea wtf is that thing for, pressing the button does nothing and I can't see what's behind the grill part(initially thought it's a light or a speaker but it doesn't look like those).
1.jpg

2 & 3 some kind of aftermarket stuff, "2" looks like an IR receiver but I'm not sure, "3" has a red led that is lit constantly and 2 small buttons that do nothing. The car is equipped with an aftermarket stereo and an amp but I doesn't seem related to those, it's also LPG converted but it doesn't seem related to those either(it has a separate control thing for the LPG).
2.jpg
3.jpg

4. Some kind of a black strip on the top of the windshield with a small semi-transparent sensor or something. Normally I wouldn't care about it but I need to replace the windshield(cracked) and I need to know if this is something that comes with the new one.
4.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Progessor,
The top pic is the ultrasonic sensor and the button disables it, if you lock kids or dogs in lc.
That stops the alarm sounding with detected movement.
As to the others, no idea, but I think I can safely say, not stock.

Thanks, had no idea the ultrasonic part was even a thing. I guess I'll have to try and trace the wiring to find out about 2 & 3.

Does your LC have a flash lube fitted for the LPG? Is the red light to let you know its empty and needs refilling? Sorry if you have already checked this but just asking.

One of those small buttons appears to have a snowflake symbol on it, a clue for someone ?
Could you contact the previous owner on your v5 for a simple explanation ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Missed your point about the antenna on the windscreen. You can get a replacement from Toyota, took me a while to find the part number PZ445-E9280-01. To be honest I've not installed the replacement as I hardly use the built in sat nav anymore and it works without it...

IMG_20210724_114913.jpg

Back