Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What first??

Warren, have you had a look on ih8mud forum? I have seen a couple of threads recently on size options for 18" rims.
I think you will find it easier putting 33" All terrain tyres on your rims, Mud terrains are pretty thin on the ground in the sizes you would want in the UK.
Just to echo what people have already said, I remember reading some where on the net that the BF Goodrich KM2 M/T is actually quieter than the BF Goodrich A/T, there has been a rumor on the net that there will be a new tread pattern for the A/T in the not to distant future

Happy to go down the MT route as they are well regarded back in SA. When measuring the rime with a tape a get 18.5" across from edge of rim to edge of rim. I assume that means they are 18" rims with a 1/4" overlap each side if that makes sence.

Are 18" rims an unusual size?

Warren, no not unusual on the newer 100. Just not that normal for mud terrain tyres in the UK
I believe Steve Wright on here swapped his 18" rims for a set of 16" rims so he had a bigger choice of tyres

Think what i will do is keep an eye out for a set of 16" rims and not rush out and the MT for the 18" but leave them for the road tyres.

Back