Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this part that is leaking?

mussy

I think it is a brake part.

Back left side.

If I squeeze the rubber its seems to leak more.

Safe to drive?

Took it for a 10km test drive brakes feel ok.

Help?!
15066099488001103826052.jpg

I think it is a brake part.

Back left side.

If I squeeze the rubber its seems to leak more.

Safe to drive?

Took it for a 10km test drive brakes feel ok.

Help?!View attachment 133571

Unless I am very much mistaken that part there is the end connector for the Load Sensing Valve which adjusts the ratio of braking effort directed to the back brakes depending on how far the rear springs are compressed. It itself is just a joint and contains no fluid so I suspect something else is dripping onto it. Probably brake fluid from the brake parts nearby. Possibly from the Load Sensing valve directly above it.

Last edited:
Ok, So I just went back out and looked again and see what you mean about it being the load sensor.

However I see not trace of oil leading to it.

What is directly above it? Could that leak into the rubber boot and then it drip from there?

The breaks seem ok and I see no change in brake fluid oil...

All very strange.

Any comments welcome.

Mussy

Surely, the LSV has fluid passing through it, otherwise how could it affect any front/rear balance of pressure?
I suggest getting a repair kit for it and replacing the seals.
My guess is it's leaking brake fluid, and therefore there's a danger air may be being drawn into the system.

Probably safe to drive until it lets go altogether, then your pedal will hit the floor at the same time as your front bumper hits the car in front.

LSV is leaking from the seal inside the rubber boot. New LSV is required. Just done mine that's how I know.

Alistair

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I guess it's just weeping at the minute but it needs attending to urgently. It's part of the brake line so the same really as a brake leak anywhere in the system. Would you be happy with a leak in the caliper? Is it unsafe? Well that's another way of looking at it. Mate I wouldn't hang about. Now the great advantage that you have is that yours still looks new and I'll bet it can be changed in minutes. Ours are all rusted on and hideous.

If it's leaking replace imediately. If it's sweating you can drive with it (for emergency) as long as you keep checking your fluid level in the brake cannister under the hood. Because the cannister is at higher level as lsv there won't get air in the lines, but only fluid out. (Gravity at work) check with roughtrax for price replacement partGreetz Jack

Thanks everybody, I will drove the car carefully to a garage on Tuesday and get it and some other leaks fixed.

Thanks for your help, it is truly appreciated.

Mussy

do you know where your handbrake is? then so long as your first gear works personally Id drive away but wouldn't tow anything or give a lift to anyone (except the mother-in-law)

Back