Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this plate for?

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Need some advice please chaps. Inspecting the underside of my 90 and noticed this plate (right side of picture) fixed with a single bolt and sitting at an odd angle. On closer inspection it look like it was much bigger and part of or adjoined too the small section on the left side of the picture. The location is half way down the passenger side. Any ideas what it is?
IMG_2430_LI.jpg

Looks like this to me, maybe.
5149560320COVER, TRANSMISSION UNDER51495KDJ9#,KZJ9#,VZJ9#..ATM106.1999 - 09.2002
Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 17.55.53.png

It's a bit difficult to see in the picture of the underside of your 90, it look like there is more than one 'under cover' missing

Thanks guys. There are no remains other than the two bits left on the vehicle. What’s strange is the fractured edges, it’s like they’ve snapped apart rather than bent away. Will remove them for closer inspection but will need to replace them for sure.
Stay safe all :mask:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mick W, you been mounting those high kerbs again in search of bog rolls ?

If you look at the bit on right of your picture, the edges look rusty as in rotten, possibly flapping and been hanging on the left in picture before snapping off. Thought you would have heard it drop, especially on tarmac? Incidentally the one on my 120 (3 parts) has got bits missing all over, - rotten, will have to get the angle grinder out soon !

Well i'll be damned , as far as i know i have the only full set on the forum of Toyota's underbody protection on my swb 90 . Maybe not but there was a fair debate about who might have made it long ago and jibberjabbers parts pic confirms it is Toyota's own .

I'd say what you have there Mick is all that remains of a much larger plastic plate so you may as well bin and forget it .

Got the 90 beginning of March and it’s just sat on the drive since. The two parts that are left are tightly bolted up no movement at all. It drove great, no noted noises or vibrations. At least the time I’ve got means can do some serious investigating

Is that really plastic Shane ? I now think it could well be, it was the darker wrinkly edges that threw me.
Note on my calender, - Specsavers!!!

Silly request really, I suppose I could just find a picture of a swb 90 on Mr know all Google :)

Well i'll be damned , as far as i know i have the only full set on the forum of Toyota's underbody protection on my swb 90 . Maybe not but there was a fair debate about who might have made it long ago and jibberjabbers parts pic confirms it is Toyota's own .

I'd say what you have there Mick is all that remains of a much larger plastic plate so you may as well bin
Well, at least the front plate on mine is complete and in situ the rest are clearly broken and missing. Why do people remove them and not put them back on........ puzzles me

I imagine most were never put back on by garages when these trucks were new and owned by people who never once glanced underneath .

Back