Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this symbol?

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Obviously it's the symbol that pops up when you put it into 4wd to tell you the transfer box is sending power to both drive shafts. However I would expect to see a cross in the middle, so what i'm trying to ascertain is wether it is telling me that the the transfer box isn't locked and whether it has some sort of differential or something????

Ultimately i'm trying to decide whether to put one locking diff in or 2, but if there is a differential type mechanism in the transfer box that would send all the power to the axle that was spinning then it would be pointless having a locking diff in the front as well.

IMG_9579.jpg

Nick, you don't have a centre diff on yours. You just have a transfer box which is effectively locked all the time - because it's not a diff.

Thats what I figured, I just don't understand why there is no cross on the symbol.

Because the cross indicates the locker is in - but you don't have one. The cross shows the location of the locked diff. I have three that appear. If you had a rear locker then you'd get a symbol with a cross. But as the 4x4 system on your 105 is different, the light just shows that you've gone into 4x4 mode. You still need to lock your front FW hubs though of course.

oh I see, so the cross only indicates the presence of a locker. That solves that mystery. Cheers Chris.

Back