Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this?

Adrianlle

Country Flag
great_britain
I need to upgrade the front fog bulbs. Reckon I have to take the plastic wheel arch liners off? Looking at the drivers side one I am wondering what these cut outs are for and what is behind them ( given that it gets a dousing if water from the tyre)?

Attachments

• D059842D-1C51-4489-A16B-575844776832.jpeg
    D059842D-1C51-4489-A16B-575844776832.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 31
By the looks of it would probably be a vent of sorts for air flow for the front disc

Its the air intake to feed to the air box to the engine air filter . and you can reach the foglights by reaching up from behind the front bumper no need to take anything off just disconnect and twist bulb and remove .

It looks like a bracket thats holding something in place or could be a for the water thrown by the wheels to hit and run down as some kind of splash back to stop the water from going up into the airbox , I dont really know I have never had to remove the panel to see behind to see what its connected to .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have changed all interior lights and outside lights to LEDs except indicator lights and stop/tail bulbs , I fitted Samsung 15w led hb4 fog lights cost about £15 a pair about 4 years ago , the cheap hb4 type on ebay start to flicker after a few days so best avoided , in all honesty the front fog lights dont give much light , I fitted led fog lights to match the led headlights and led side lights coz they look too yellow compared to the led headlights and led side lights .

I’ve been humming and haing about changing the headlight bulbs to ultinon essential. In the meantime using a pair of left over Phillips Racing Vision 150- which are ok but only ok. On country lanes I could do with a much longer and brighter dip but without causing dazzle or overriding the beam cut off
As for the gigs , It sounds as if the cost of Ultinon fogs isn’t worth it and I’d be as well off with some Samsung hb4 like yours. Too long ago for you to have eBay links to the hb4 Samsung and Samsung 5w side bulbs I suppose ?

It is am afraid coz my ebay history wont go that far back , if you type in Samsung led hb4 bulbs on ebay I am pretty sure some will come up , anything less than 15w hb4 will burn out and flicker , so those cheap 5 to 7w hb4 led are best avoided , samsung led sidelight bulbs are about 2.5 w , those 1w cheap sidelight leds dont seem to last long and soon start to flicker .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my samsung side lights are 2.5w each, but they are labelled as 501 w5w as that is the type they are called as . mine cost about £10 a pair had them in over 4 years now with no problems , the first set I fitted were cheap none branded for £1 for 4 bulbs and the cheap non brandedhb4 leds were £2 each and only lasted less than a week before they started to flicker .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back