Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What parts to take?

Jake the Peg

Country Flag
scotland
So I have the chance of parts from a scrap 80, the guy is using the chassis, axles, engine & gearbox etc for a Hilux build so most of the rest is available, what parts would you guys recommend me saving before it gets weighed in for scrap?

Cheers

The air bag senser which fits in front of the gear lever. The usual culprit when the air bag light stops on. All the relays you can get.Anything electrical in fact especially if they are cheap.

As above, specifically the drivers door mounted window/door lock control panel. The plastic bumper corners if they are intact. The spare wheel storage/lowering mechanism if its in good working condition.

Haha, I already have the window control box fitted, mine was missing, I have the front lights, front bumper, the corner caps are pretty knackered, window regulators, rubbers from the front windows, a few bits of trim. I was planning to take the dash as it’s perfect but it’s the older one than mine, will take the remaining switches, clocks, steering column and central locking motors.
Is it worth taking the abs unit, do they fail much? Are most of the control modules under the dash?

Cheers

abs modual doesnt fail much and personally id rid the abs system anyway.

just take as much as you can store.

theres a good chance that whatever you keep will never be needed anyway but if you have it as a back up all good. ive bought a few trucks over the years off guys that have bought a truck for spares and never needed anything.

The wheel sensors are the weak point in the ABS system. If the guy isn’t fitting ABS in his Hilux build try and blag the sensors from the hubs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back