What pitch thread are Mr T bolts??

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Hi all,

I have to extend the wheel carrier on my 'new' back door on my 120 to accommodate the bigger tyres I'm running, and I've discovered that the 'standard' metric bolts don't fit, and with the spacers I've made the existing bolts are too small. Toyodiy doesn't give me the tech spec of the bolt thread.

So - what do I need to get? I know I need M10 x 40mm set screws (I think the un-threaded shank length on a bolt will be too long) but specifically what pitch? Is the standard metric pitch 1.25? Would that mean the Mr T metric fine thread would be a 1.0??
:|

Help!!! :think: :think:

Cheers folks

I have no idea about all of Mr T's bolts but the ones for my front pig tail tow hooks were/are 1.25 :thumbup:

sae70 said:
..............I'm after a couple (2) 12mm x 1.25P x 60mm 8.8 bolts to fit my pig tail tow hook that Mr Rubie supplied me :) Did really think about getting a couple of bolts @ the same time :roll: :) All I can find is a chap on the bay selling 4 for a cost of £13.60 whitch is fine but I only want 2 & £13.60 for two bolts :think: Mmmmm..........So befor I make the purchase I thought that I'd ask you chaps if you can help me with either a couple of bolts or a different supplier (preferably on-line) :thumbup:
viewtopic.php?f=58&p=54695#p54695

I hope that is of help to you :D

Gary, metric fine is 1.25
Standard is 1.5
and coarse, of course, is 1.75

CJ

I used threaded bar when I built my wheel carrier. I forget the actual thread size & pitch at the mo but I do have some over if you can use it Gary. Probably have nuts to suit as well...

Back