Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What size for DIY sun awning on 95

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi Folks, had a good look around and searched but found nothing to answer my question.

Can I ask those of you with side awnings, what size awning would they recommend I build.

Going by the size of my LWB 90 series, I am thinking 2 m (6'5") along the vehicle fixed to the roof by 2.5 m (8')stretched out on a rigid pole system. Maybe I could get away with 2.5 m (8') along the vehicle if my pole was strong enough?

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Geoff

WOW! Thanks Firewout that is way cheaper than others I had been looking at and it looks quite sturdy too!

Still need to sort out an ideal size though. With the sun we have here in Cyprus I am inclined to go as big as is practicable. That is why I asking for suggestions on ideal size. I do like that awning though and for the price may not build one!
Geoff

I had a ARB one on my 90 if you put a side panel on as well it helps loads keeping the sun out

Thanks david, yes was planning on something like that. What size was yours? Errr? You know, before the operation!! ;)
Geoff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have one of those very awnings and it may be cheapish but it's remarkably good quality. They do a whole range of sizes - 2x2, 2.5 x 2, 2 x 2,5 and 2.5 x2.5. You can also get an ARB room that clips in underneath which is actually better than the single sides and is also remarkably cheap. I think I paid £163 yes and it's ARB!!!!

It's a shame you're aren't closer, I've actually got a couple I'm not using. One is a neat 1800 length one. For the cost, they're hardly worth making.

Here's the room idea... It has windows, fly mesh and a rear access door to get into your vehicle. It's all in one sealed piece.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 17.48.08.jpg

WOW you could certainly kip in that ARB room! Plus you wouldn't need to crawl out on your hands and knees in the morning like we do at present! in our little tent.! And we dont need to worry about horizontal rain here -well except Jan & Feb - if we are lucky! Already looked at their website and they make no mention of 2.5x2.5 but I have just emailed them.
Thanks very much everyone.
Geoff

Back