Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What springs and shocks for SWB 90?

RBG21

Country Flag
uk
I’m starting to do a list of jobs on my SWB 90 now spring is coming and one of the first is a suspension refresh, the springs on it now are corroded and look very old so new springs and shocks as well as new lower arms and ball joints and upper arms on the front, steering rack bushes at the same time while it’s apart!.
Just wanted some recommendations for the springs and shocks really, I had thought about a 3 inch lift but for what I use it for it’s high enough already.
There are some on EBay for £174 for the front and then another £174 for the rear which seems a bit cheap compared to Pedders/Old Man Emu but I’m going to be keeping the car a long time even if it won’t get driven daily so I want to put decent ones on.

With pre assembled fronts too, they’re perfect for what I want, thanks Shayne :handgestures-thumb:.

I put that kit on my KDJ95 four years ago and the shocks have corroded really badly even though its not been in the sea. Not impressed by the paint quality at all.

I won't buy peddars shocks again mine were rock solid and failed mot for leaking in less than 10k miles .

Can't actually remember what Roughtrax lift kit i put on the mrs 90 but it was Monroe shocks , she was happy and in truth i've never thought about it since .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I fitted Peddars to my LWB about four years ago. The ride is very stiff unloaded, but as others have mentioned, the paint finish is less than appalling. Most of the paint, which I presume should be powder-coated, was flaking off within 12 months. For reference, I had my wheels powder coated black about the same time. Other than the odd rock scratch, the wheel coating is solid, the shocks rusted. I won’t buy Peddars again if I change in the future.

i fitted old man emu springs and shocks on my 95
rides well and not to bad for corrosion after many years,

Back