Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What to do (Dilemma)

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
As some of you might know iv been trying to sell my 120 LC5 for some time now, Iv had it on ebay for £5500, Then £4995, Then £4500 Its on now for £4100... And each time iv never had an offer not even an Insulting one. But last night someone offered £3750... The Dilemma is do i let it go or shove it in the nettles... Its a lot of Truck for £3750 And im Loathed to let it go for that... No one Private seems to be interested its always Dealers wanting to add a couple of grand and stick it on their Car lot..I feel im loosing too much money letting it go for that, Especially when other LC5s with more mileage on ebay are asking a lot more..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-landcruiser-lc5-120-2004/174075934591

Depends if you are in a rush. Landcruisers are not exactly impulse buys or a great turnaround vehicle like a focus or a golf..

There's no magic in valuation. You have to compare like with like of actual sales at the same date. It's sometimes very depressing trying sell things but you'll only achieve what it's worth, and that's to somebody else. If you leave it long for sale it's depreciating.

You should have 5 comparable vehicles for sale in your watch list , snow is coming so they say and 4x4 sales always go up then .

Agree with all the above , And Thanks.. Its not the fact that im going to miss it if i do sell and instantly regret it, Because i dont like it.. There is nothing wrong with it, Its been great and never let me down.. I think a part of me doesn't want someone having it for nowt... Especially a used car dealer.. Your right Frank it is only worth what someone is prepared to Pay...Il remain stubborn for a little longer...

I feel the same about my D4D 90 its probably the best truck i have but i just never fell in love with it . I will never get what its worth selling it though so it will be passed on to the kids at some point .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
£3750 and Ebay fees to come off that? I think the market has been nervous for a while over this Brexit thing.
TBF I think your photos don't do the truck justice and people like "shine".
If you can afford to keep it for a better price I would, that price is fair Collie territory. I know you have got a road going 80 but you will need a standby for when you are doing remedial work on it, and you will be. The heater leaking on my " all ready for winter 80 auto" had proved that theory and my "stand by" 120 is ready for action and I don't have to touch it.

It would help if the missus would drive it.. But she wont, Id sell the skoda in a heart beat (and it would sell like a hot cake)... But she never feels at ease driving it.... Il keep reminding her of last winters Horrific snow storms.. Somewhere!

I know what you mean about the photos. I just cant bring my self to do it... But the 80 even 'tho' its scratched and 'Dinked' to hell iv Polished it twice in the Last week.. I did polish the 120 but it just sits down the Marina, Which is either Raining or blowing a sand storm.. And your right Andy with ebay fees it s just too low a price

Maria loves driving the 120 but 99 times out of 100 she takes the old Yaris. She did however take the V6 Collie to work when we had snow.

its because its an Auto is the reason she wont drive it... She hates Autos.. And what ever i do or say i can not convince her that its easier... She drove the old Auto Hilux Surf to Ireland once. and stamped on the brake all the way there thinking it was a clutch or a dead rabbit or what ever she was thinking....

I think you could change the title picture to a better one, it makes the truck looks out of proportion and dirty, and the light is wrong. Also the air con not working would put me off, as I would be worried there could be a big bill to fix it and air con is expected on a car these days...

The wheel arch pics with the nice new parts are good though, and the interior looks nice and clean. The truck is a good colour too, I would think you would get more interest once winter starts setting in.

I just read your ad for the first time and i agree with Richard , change the pics , mud and trailers will not sell it to its main target market .

A mobile aircon repair bloke charged me about 30 quid to fix a leak oil and recharge the system , he was here a good hour . That its on a sorn probably makes people wary too so maybe if you add that you would be happy to supply it with a new mot might help ?

Couple of pointers from me as well:
-I try to write clear and concise adverts that tell the buyer what I'd like to know
-I use nicely shot pictures; I'll take what I'm selling to somewhere that is a nice background and clear to get some photos of it, and make sure it's clean. When I sold the 4Runner it was the first time it had been washed in about 18 months, and I took it up the lane for the pictures. When we sold the BMW (in the UK) I took it up Longmynd. This has the bonus that those places don't give away your location at all.

From those comments, and because I'm dodging my own writing, I've edited your text to below:
2004 Land Cruiser 120 LC5 Auto

198,000 miles

MOT until 22 August 2020 – vehicle currently SORN’d

Full service history
-cam belt changed at 175,000 miles
-recent front discs, pads and callipers

LC5 is the top spec with air suspension – recently had rear shock absorbers replaced; all air suspension works correctly.
-Leather interior
-Electric front seats
-Reversing sensors
-In-built SatNav

3 Rows of seats (7 seater), rear 2 rows never used.

Towbar fitted in the last 18 months, before that never used for towing

Tyres are good, wheels refurbished from bare metal, sprayed and lacquered.

07875851264 for more info. Cash on Collection​

Advertised elsewhere so have the right to remove
Hope that all reads more easily and has everything in it. I would suspect that being SORN'd is going to hurt as well as you can't road test it.

All Noted! And Thanks.... But sprucing The photos up, And having some Written English Lessons isn't Going to solve my Dilemma..There are a lot of LC5s / Land Cruisers in general On ebay that have been there months and will not sell for the asking Price.. I Know there is a slump in the Buyers /sellers Market at the moment And people want to hang on to their money... My Dilemma is do i let it go for Naff All....If i put it on ebay for £1500 buy it now, Someone would offer me £200... Its how it is.. Iv Swapped some photos about And got rid of Irrelevant wording, Thanks for the Pointers..

Last edited:
It would help if the missus would drive it.. But she wont, Id sell the skoda in a heart beat (and it would sell like a hot cake)... But she never feels at ease driving it.... Il keep reminding her of last winters Horrific snow storms.. Somewhere!
With me it is the other way arround. I also have a daily driver, a Toyota C-hr hybrid bought from new, very comfortable, top spec, relativly short and small, easy to drive, all the security features but soulless. My wife would not drive that at all, but the Landcruiser 120 it is another story, she is bugging me all the time, when we go out again? or what week end trip we could do with it.?. and she wants to drive it as well.. wich I am happy to oblige so I can have some beers in peace.. :)

I'd hang to it for a few more weeks - once the Winter kicks in 4x4 prices usually firm up. (Though the economic uncertainty around Brexit is cascading down and impacting even day-to-day purchases).

The extra depreciation that might cause, if any, will be negligible now.

Good luck :thumbup:

Iv noticed the same with My Trailers.. Normally I get a Trailer in and can turn it round and sell it on within a week.. Iv had the last one on ebay for nearly Two months now and not even a sniff... Il hang on to the Truck Its not costing my anything.... And your right GOK, It is a lot of Truck for the Money... Thank you

I've just tried searching eBay.co.uk using:
  • LC5
  • lc5
  • land cruiser
and couldn't find the listing - could someone else check for me, just in case it's not showing because of eBay being helpful?

HOWEVER, the £5500 mark does seem to be about where they are sitting when you look at the options for LC5 and land cruiser.

Back