Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What wheel nuts do I need?

TurboHatchback

Country Flag
uk
I've bought some new steel wheels for my 80 series and it seems I need some new wheel nuts. The aftermarket alloys that came with the cruiser have rather odd wheel nuts (one pictured) which evidently won't fit the new wheels. Doing some research suggests there are two types of standard 80 series wheel nuts, one with a tapered profile and the other with a flat washer face and a section which goes through the hole. Which do I need or is it something else altogether?

1495ht3.jpg

2yosgeq.jpg

2m7hts1.jpg

2mniqs9.jpg

1sxg87.jpg

As you can see in the pictures the stud holes are only slightly larger than the studs and the holes are slightly chamfered. It looks to me like the flat washer type would be too fat to fit through the hole too so presumably I therefore need the chamfered nuts to hold the wheel centred properly but I'm not sure by looking at it. Any guidance much appreciated.

You need the conical ones. Not the flanged ones. The cone centres the wheel on the stud.

Available from Karl at landcruiserparts or indeed from Milner. Or a main dealer ha ha ha ha

Cheers Chris.
Turbo hatch are you Chris B? If so I replied to your email. Thanks

You need the conical ones. Not the flanged ones. The cone centres the wheel on the stud.

Available from Karl at landcruiserparts or indeed from Milner. Or a main dealer ha ha ha ha

I thought as much, thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers Chris.
Turbo hatch are you Chris B? If so I replied to your email. Thanks

Indeed I am, I got the reply but then realised I might have asked for the wrong type of nut so I thought I would ask the hive mind before ordering anything. I've replied to your email now

As the wheel nuts are 'domed' you may need the shorter wheel studs that are available for the 80 to stop them 'bottoming out'? I have the part number if you need them, just need to get to the garage.

regards

Dave

Back