Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's a 120 worth

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So just had a knock on the door and 3 nice Irish lads inquired as to if I would sell my 120. It's a LC4 with 141k mike's on the clock.

Initially offered me £2k and I laughed at him, and said no £5.5k.

They took a look and yes it has corrosion at the back and it's prob a bit more than surface if I was to be honest. Went for a drive with him, and it has no issues, so that would never have been a problem.

Anyway, came back and they said £4k mentioning the rust and that the air suspension had gone. I pointed out that it doesn't have air, but one of them continued to argue the point. I nearly said to him I'll take your 4k if it's got air, otherwise it's 6k.

Anyway, long story short, they stuck at £4k, but I said no ta and they walked away. It's worth more to me just to drive it to the station and back.

So, what's realistic for these, am I being optimistic?

Plenty of rough ones on ebay and autotrader going for more than 5K - I suppose it all depends on condition now, but some of the MOT histories on there... ughhh.

Lol, you are probably correct Shane. WBAC say £3.7k, which will go down to £3k when you get there.

Autotrader is around 6.5k for ones with similar milage and age.

Reality is if I replace it even with a smaller runabout that will be more than the 4k. We do need to make a decision this year though as I think we don't have much time before rust is too bad. I really CBA to get the rust sorted as we have had the car for 17years and got our money's worth out of it. If I was 15years younger I may have contemplated crawling under it and having a go myself but life's too short.

Pressure washer and Aquasteel with an electric fence sprayer , quick and easy even if it just slows the process down .

Aquasteel doesn't hide anything either so should only effect resale value in the positive .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you're thinking of selling Tony, I was asked yesterday by a forum member for my opinion on a 120 and how I'd got on with mine. Was also asked to look out one which might be suitable.
Can you PM me your contact number, I used to have it but lost all my contacts last year.

Back