Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's going on with the tyre situation in UK?

Brett

Country Flag
uk
Hi Gents,

I'm in the market for a set of new boots for the 200. I'm really struggling to find anything suitable. I've got the factory 20" Alloys on mine which is typical for the UK 200's, stock size is 285/50/r20. I'm looking for a decent A/T or hybrid in 275/60/r20. Ideally I'd love a set of Ridge Grapplers. but all that seems to be available in the correct load rating is BFG AT's, and Cooper AT3 Sport 2's.

I'd also consider going with 285/55/r20's but choice is even narrower, only BFG's in that size at nearly £400 a pop!

Any idea's or leads on suppliers with stock gents?

Trade Price Tyres is a scam site, Company is dissolved. Toyo load rating is too low. already checked those.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you looked at Giga tyres? Part of Delti Germany, they were the only place I could find anything in the size I wanted. The issue is Europe regs, I spoke directly with Yokohama and elsewhere and all the tyres I was interested in not sold in EU.

I have a way of cheap imports into UK from the US, just pay for your bit of space in a container, but you need to not be in any hurry as they only ship when the container is full.

Had a few sets of Coopers over years, good tyre, but have to agree with Steve, it's BFG's for me, the life I've had out of them on the works Defenders has been brilliant.

A lot of theses 'aggressive' tread tyres seem to be of a harder rubber compound that grips well in off road situations but slide under braking on tarmac because there is little flex in them.
Difficult to get right unless 2 sets of rims and tyres for work or play.

Yes I have run BFG for many years on my old 70, and never wore them out, ran to 1/2 worn and sold them on. I’m not sure they are as good now but I had no choices without importing them myself from the US I had to buy Cooper.

Have you looked at Giga tyres? Part of Delti Germany, they were the only place I could find anything in the size I wanted. The issue is Europe regs, I spoke directly with Yokohama and elsewhere and all the tyres I was interested in not sold in EU.

I have a way of cheap imports into UK from the US, just pay for your bit of space in a container, but you need to not be in any hurry as they only ship when the container is full.
I have, unfortunately nothing I am interested in. Thanks though.

When is your next container due? I could be interested.

Back