Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel bearings

diggerdave

Hi all,
Just a quick question - are the front wheel bearings adjustable? I'm sure I've read the answer is 'no', but I can't find where.
Dave

On 90/95 I believe not, it was a long while ago since I had one but I seem to remember it was one big pressed in bearing

There is no way to do it torque up the hub nut and job done .

Thanks both, I can waggle the wheel by about 1-2mm when holding top and bottom. Have checked it's not the ball joints. My mechanic reckons it's worn but not likely to fail with so little movement (and no noise or noticeable handling problems). I was just hoping to be able to tighten it up like I could in my old Trooper.

Last edited:
To much on my mind to picture it right now but i'm thinking thats not the bearings because the shaft is splined and can't move . How did you test the ball joints i jack up on them .

Altered my reply because i can't think just been told an engine blew in my boat and its the last thing i need right now so i'm gonna shut up .

How did you test the ball joints

I can see that the steering knuckle doesn't move when someone else waggles the wheel, so I'm happy it's not the ball joints.

Hope your boat's fixable.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Everything is fixable i was just reliving the nightmare of the last time i lost an engine and 2 years income along with it , but because of that i bought a spare engine and this time the boat is i a home port so it should be a quick turnaround . Bad timing is all because i've been going backwards financially for 4 months .

Hey ho there you go such are the joys of being a greedy fisherman :roll:

Back